Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here and I would like to say Hello to everyone. I need to get tires for a 07 Forester XT. The factory was 215/55-17. I would like to know what is the largest tire I can put on without rubbing at all. I would like to keep the 215 because width is not a problem but would like as much height as possible without any rubbing. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. :biggrin:

I go here when I want see what will fit. It's very simple to use. You plug in your stock data on one side & what you want to try on the other. Read the data & you'll have the answer to your question. :wink:

I've upgraded, but the stock wheels on my '07 FSXT was 215/55-17x7, +48 offset. That should give you the data to plug in on the stock or factory/OEM side.

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
^^Actually I found running the stock tire 215/60/16 (26.1" tall) my speedo read 55mph when in reality I was doing 52mph(verified with 2 GPS units). Subaru speedo have a history of reading fast, every one I have owned has read about 3-5mph fast at 50mph actual speed.

Running 225/60/16 (26.6" tall) brought the speedo and actual speed close enough together to call it dead on.

Now running my 215/65/16 winterforce (27" tall) the actual speed is just a hair over the speedo by 2-3%

As far as the tallest tire in a 215 width I would say 27"(give or take) is what I would keep it too. My winterforce are close to rubbing at wheel lock under some suspension compression. I am almost sure the next series up would rub.

Granted I am dealing 16" tires. For 17" I believe that(27") equivalent would be a 215/60/17 using the tire calculator Bobby posted.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
I'm running the yoko geolander A/T-S in a 215/65/16 and it fits great. Performs wonderfully off road and on road. I'm lowering soon so I'll be switching to a street tire and selling my wheels and tires.
You can also get the General Grabber AT-2 which is more aggressively built for off road.

·
Registered
04 XT
45 Posts
so it sounds like the idea of running 235-65-17 isnt going to work on my stock xt...:(

I need some 16's right away!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts