Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have STI rsb with STI mounts and Perrin rear endlinks..

going to install bigger front and rsb...

the front will go to a 25mm hollow bar... I'll reuse my Perrin rear endlinks, but should I upgrade the front endlinks too ?

I really don't want to if I don't have to...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
317 Posts
The stock endlinks seem to work 'OK' on my car... I upgraded to a Cobb 25mm front/rear swaybar combo a couple weeks back and have had it in the dirt and on the track a couple times with no problems... though I am actually in the process of making my own endlinks using a couple 3/8" teflon heims and a custom made tie rod-type bung.

I have heard that the stock links cant take some of the forces associated with the nicer swaybars, which is why I decided to do mine... plus its a fun project for only about $50 all the way around ;)

·
Registered
2015 RDS Manual
883 Posts
I have heard of some cases where you need they needed to upgrade the endlinks... I would just to be safe!

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
I decided to get adjustable endlinks because my front bar is two position adjustable and is rather HUGE. It is 24mm/26mm solid. I doubt the stock endlinks would break as there have only been a couple of reported incidences of it. However, the adjustable endlinks give me proper endlink alignment and make it easy to avoid swaybar preload.

For most people with single setting front bars that are not really large, I would skip it.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts