Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the 2021 Forester Sport. i have two kids who will occupy the back seats, and a have a pandemic pup who will eventually be 90lbs. My wife insists that the dog should go north-south in the cargo area, so that we can store stuff to his right. She has a cage in mind that is a couple inches longer than the cargo area in the Forester. I test drove an outback today but I just can’t get excited about its wagony essence. But I am not ready to give up the new Subaru dream just yet.

Those of you with a big dog and kids: how do you pack the car for a weekend adventure? (For longer trips, we could use a rooftop cargo box).

E.G., does anyone use something like this, in combination with a regular east-west dog guard? Travall Boot Space - Divider Mesh Type - TDG1516D | Rimmer Bros

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
557 Posts
Listen you your wife. She is right.
You can always put up a dog fence and just let the dog be a dog in the cargo area.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
122 Posts
Both Yakima and Thule offer a wide range of roof op boxes for Foresters and Outbacks.

Put a big comfortable bed in the back for the dog, if you get a good one the dog will love traveling back there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts