Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 forester s-turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi folks, have an ongoing problem with a front precat lamda sensor for a european spec 02 fozzy s-turbo.

there seems to be more to this than just the sensor - the unit was replaced by a stealer but they took it back out because it didn't clear on the diagnostics (they say). they went on to mumble about the wiring, but it was clear that a clue they did not have...

so, they've done nothing really, but billed me all the same.

so, lifted the car and had a butcher's myself, pulled out the wiring loom, continuity checked it, seems ok. the fault code indicates a heater faliure in the sensor. i'm ordering a denso lambda sensor frm an oem / aftermarket supplier, because i've had it with the dealer.

does ayone know if there are any other potential faults with the 31 code? other than the sensor which may / may not be faulty and the wiring?

also, does anyone have the wiring specs for the loom - it would be useful if i could at least discover that the 12v supply is present at the sensor.

sorry for going on... have yourself a latte/tea/soda!

:icon_wink:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Do you have voltage and earth on the heater circuit (at the plug to the sensor), have you checked the heater relay.

Simon

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
just an fyi continuity tests arent the best, they only tell you if the wire is intact, not if there is high resistance, but wait theres more, an ohm meter isnt the best either, the best way is a voltage drop test

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
hi folks, have an ongoing problem with a front precat lamda sensor for a european spec 02 fozzy s-turbo.

also, does anyone have the wiring specs for the loom - it would be useful if i could at least discover that the 12v supply is present at the sensor.

sorry for going on... have yourself a latte/tea/soda!

:icon_wink:
As very little changed from MY01 to MY02 this should have all the info you need re: wiring and much more :biggrin:

http://uk.babelfish.yahoo.com/trans...eft/doc/art/for1/&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts