Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
visited the Lakes last weekend, spent three days on foot above the snowline, and cycling technical off-road routes (slog that was). managed there and back (260 odd miles) on a tank easily, including a bit of nonsense here and there along the route and over the weekend. got sodden on sunday on the bike, came back to the car, changed into dry clothes, put my slippers on :rock: and drove home to a warm bath on my return. will post some pics soon.

(the rain kind of washed the car as well, brilliant!)

mike

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Great stuff. A run around the lakes for us all might be in order for the summer. A group shot on the ferry across Windermere perhaps.

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
I'm up for a run around the lakes :biggrin:

We had a holiday in a log cabin on the shores of lake Windermere a few years back, stunning part of the world.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Tiz nice. I'll have to go and see if Windermere station platform which i helped rebuild is still standing. Ah, those were the days. Two hours work a night, get paid for twelve and all the day to play in the mountains. God bless Network Rail.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ferry was expensive, dull and so wat we couldn't see owt on the lake save for mist. Unfortunately it was also necessary as a lorry shed its load on Ambleside so we had to take the long way round...

Nice journey home, mind!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts