Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
03 Forester
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have this weird thing. When the car is cold and you give it some curry, when it hits 3800 rpm (where it normally goes faster) it actually looses acceleration.
If you play with the trottle a bit it'll sometimes run well again. it's a very off and on thing. as in , just reduce the trottle a bit and straight away its back to normal. some time yuo can even leave the throttle at the same place and it'll go faster and slower and the faster again.

doesnt happen much when warm tho.

i think it's something electrical, any thoughts?

2.5 na

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester XS
167 Posts
Mine does the same, but only when its dead cold and only for the first 1-2 minutes. It doesn't bother me, therefore i haven't looked up for a solution . .
Its probably the mode of the ECU when at start up .. .

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
A question, does your car stink gas from the exhaust when cold?
If so it's like mine. I think my A/F sensor is off limit. (front o2 sensor)
Not so sure about high rpm I just know it's very sensitive at little gas. And not so much when giving it flat iron.
I think I'm drowning it. Maybe that's your problem....

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
I let my baby warm up before I even think of pushing her.

·
Registered
03 Forester
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i flatten it straight out the driveway! as long as the oil has moved around she's all good!
anyway, it doesnt seam heaps rich, i'll have a sniff of the exhaust tonight, it is going through some more juice than normal so tis possible

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I've been having a similar weird intermitent issue. I have full power and boost up to 4k rpm, then no power at all until 5k rpm and then it pulls hard again up to redline. Its like my turbo just "turns off" for 1k rpm and its right in the "Sweet spot" where the car will actually keep it in gear and it usually makes good power. When it downshifts into that rpm range it feels like i just slammed on the brakes or shifted from 4th to 1st with no gas. Only happens randomly, usually after its rained. Need to log it someday, but it happens so randomly i'm never prepared!

·
Registered
03 Forester
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i noticed it happened today when warm at lower rpm too, it just hesitates, as if it drops once clylinder for a bit

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
i flatten it straight out the driveway! as long as the oil has moved around she's all good!
Oh thats nasty - tough on the ol gal. Could be the sparker box is giving up the ghost.

·
Registered
03 Forester
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah, its japanese, it'll be ok.

I thrashed my old corolla to the redline at least once a day for 3 years, never missed a beat

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
ah, its japanese, it'll be ok.

I thrashed my old corolla to the redline at least once a day for 3 years, never missed a beat
Sheesh man, we will now call you the auto wrecker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts