Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Both Tre36 and myself are running those with Swifts. I have 1/4" spacers in the back but he doesn't. Can't really tell any difference between th elooks of the two cars but it definitely rides better than stock.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
I run the Paranoid Fabrication ones and I got them in HDPE. I bought them thru RS25 and I got the 02/03 Impreza ones, but the 04-07 Imprez ones work fine too. You could probably use the 3/8" or even the 1/2" ones if you don't run a rear strut bar. I have a Whiteline quick release bar and the 1/4" were probably the thickest I could usse and still thread the bar on securely.

Got a saggy butt? I have a fix - RS25.com: Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run the Paranoid Fabrication ones and I got them in HDPE. I bought them thru RS25 and I got the 02/03 Impreza ones, but the 04-07 Imprez ones work fine too. You could probably use the 3/8" or even the 1/2" ones if you don't run a rear strut bar. I have a Whiteline quick release bar and the 1/4" were probably the thickest I could usse and still thread the bar on securely.

Got a saggy butt? I have a fix - RS25.com: Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community
Does the 1/4" spacer make it the same height as the stock struts with swift springs? I just don't want to jack the rear up any higher b/c the swifts already angle the car down more than stock which increases the front downforce due to the front lip spoiler.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
To me, GR2s are the exact same size as the OEM struts. I use the spacers because even though the car sits level on Swifts, the way the fenders are cut it made it look like the rear had slight sag.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,431 Posts
KYB-GR2 with Swifts here as well - no saggy butt on Subed. At first I did find the ride a tad bouncier than on stock struts, for some reason, but it's grown on me now.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To me, GR2s are the exact same size as the OEM struts. I use the spacers because even though the car sits level on Swifts, the way the fenders are cut it made it look like the rear had slight sag.
KYB-GR2 with Swifts here as well - no saggy butt on Subed. At first I did find the ride a tad bouncier than on stock struts, for some reason, but it's grown on me now.
Okay, thanks! Can't wait to get them on!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,581 Posts
I have the GR2s with the Swifts. Most people (even some of you guys) can't tell that I have modified suspension when you look at it. It also rides very smooth. I couldn't really tell the difference between the stock dampers and the GR2s because I swapped my dampers at the same time as the springs, but the GR2s are a better match for the Swifts than the OEM dampers were with the OEM springs. If you want a very comfortable ride without any silly rear end wiggle coming out of tight turns, then this is a very nice setup.

·
Registered
2009 Acura TSX 6 speed
301 Posts
Interested in your impressions once these are on. I am going to get some this spring to go with my Swifts.

And where'd she get them? Or where's the best place?

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
I got the GR-2's for my SF from AJUSA. Great company. They held up great to the lift, and Kamil can tell you how they are doing now.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
How much harsher are the group-n tophats? This is my daily driver and I don't track my car. I want better handling but still retain a compliant ride comfort.
I only did the fronts, b/c I was worried about harshness too, and didn't want to jar the baby around. But they aren't harsh by any means...I thing having a 40 series tire is harsher..lol. If I were to do it again, I would get the rears too...but my set-up is about as stiff as I would like to go, considering we road trip it, and it is my dd as well.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
As long as your struts are doing their job, the Group N top hats shouldn't make the ride any more rough. The roughness really has to do with the right dampeners for the right springs.

·
Registered
2007 FXT Manual
279 Posts
Me too.

Got them for around 320 shipped.

Took a few days to get out because of the holidays and I think the seller forgot to send them right away. But a good deal regardless.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts