Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 xt and I was looking into buying KYB AGX struts since the only 04 sti struts I found ones either blown or theyre sold or i just dont trust they'll last long. What springs can I use with the KYB AGX to get a nice 3" to 3.5" drop that wont ride like complete $h*t.

gruppe-s.com/forester/forsus/kyb_agx.htm]KYB] AGX Shocks
thats the KYB AGX that I found they say 04-05 forester XT so they should work...

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
The Prodrive '05+ STi red springs should be around that. SPT Wagon Pinks should be around there too, a bit higher and softer than Prodrives. I think 3" from stock is around OEM STi spring drop, so you'd want to be at least at those spring rates (224 front/194 rear).

Stan

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
What rates are you looking for? RCE blacks may be okay too. Swift Spec-Rs, maybe. That range of drop is where geometry is about to go whack, so you have to pick the rates carefully.

Stan

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm doing 22mm rear swaybar and endlinks and was thinking about running kyb agx struts this way they're new and don't have to worry about chancing it with used sti/wrx struts and was looking for a decent 3" drop that will ride pretty decent

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Those are Impreza fitment, there are no AGXs for the Forester. There are more people running Tokico D-specs than the AGXs, I'd consider the Tokicos too.

Stan

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's so hard to find 04 sti struts.... how much less of a drop are WRX struts?

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
It's so hard to find 04 sti struts.... how much less of a drop are WRX struts?
I'm pretty sure the '04 STi and '04-'07 WRX struts will be the same in dimensions. The springs is what will dictate the ride height (amount of drop), not the struts. What you want from the strut is the correct valving to match the springs you pick, ability to adjust some stuff is a bonus also.

Stan

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure the '04 STi and '04-'07 WRX struts will be the same in dimensions. The springs is what will dictate the ride height (amount of drop), not the struts. What you want from the strut is the correct valving to match the springs you pick, ability to adjust some stuff is a bonus also.

Stan
so pretty much if i get 04-07 WRX struts and 05 (red) sti springs that'll give me right around 3" drop? well at least thats what i got out of all the research ive been trying to do. Thats why I made this thread so I can research online and ask questions :confused:

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found gr-2 online jcwhitney.com/gr-2-strut-assemblies/p2017690.jcwx Would you reccomend them at all or should i spend the hastle of looking for 04-07 WRX struts? I found a set of 05 (red) sti springs im mostlikely buying just down to the struts now., any help will be greatly appreciated ,
thanks, joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts