Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone here done this or looked into this? just curious because i'm doing a perrin fuel rail in the next month and i'm planning on deleting my TGV's while i'm in there. everyone over on Nabisco wants an arm and a leg for their tgv's so i thought this was i great alternative. any way give me your thoughts please. Weldless TGV Delete Kit - '02 thru mid '07

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Looks good to me.I have nto tried them but I am thinking about going this route soon.

joe r

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
They would throw a CEL, you if you go delete your TGVs you should get a tune or retune anyway. I think I might order a set and give it a try when I swap my manifold.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i already have them turned off on the ECU but my fuel rails are leaking so i'm taking the manifold off to do the rails with the Perrin ones, and figrued i'd do the TGV's and also a 3mm phenolic spacers too. i know some of you will bite me on this one, but i'm debating on porting out the bridge thats on the inside of the TGV's.... time wise not sure i'd have enough to do it :-(

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Would these throw a CEL?
Just a check off in Romraider to cancel CEL

They would throw a CEL, you if you go delete your TGVs you should get a tune or retune anyway. I think I might order a set and give it a try when I swap my manifold.
They say no need for a tune but I would get one to get the overall Bennies. I am actively pursuing TGV deletes but I need to grab injectors/phenolic spacers/APS hard inlet before I attempt this. Mixed reviews on NASIOC. Oh, and paint the manny black too!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They say no need for a tune but I would get one to get the overall Bennies. I am actively pursuing TGV deletes but I need to grab injectors/phenolic spacers/APS hard inlet before I attempt this. Mixed reviews on NASIOC. Oh, and paint the manny black too!
Romraider is what i use! :biggrin: as for the paint part.... i'm thinking flameproof black for possible heat resistance? may just be a head game there lol

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
Just a check off in Romraider to cancel CEL

No point in doing it if you don't tune and take advantage of it! I haven't decided on a mani color yet. Probably the boring old STi red. It just looks so good it is hard to pass it up.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do injectors and spacers or not. The swap doesn't look fun so I might as well replace as much as I can!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ ha ha thats the same path i'm taking! i'm in there so i want to do all that i can in one hit! looking into a inlet as well so my setup so far for the project is:
TGV's
Spacers
fuel rail
Turbo inlet
(someone on nasioc is pushing the TB coolant mod.... i've done that before on my DSM not sure i'd like to on the Fozzy.)
and paint the Manifold (i'm Irish and thoughts of a Kelley green of crossed the mind!) ha ha let the hating begin on that! :p

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
^^^ ha ha thats the same path i'm taking! i'm in there so i want to do all that i can in one hit! looking into a inlet as well so my setup so far for the project is:
TGV's
Spacers
fuel rail
Turbo inlet
(someone on nasioc is pushing the TB coolant mod.... i've done that before on my DSM not sure i'd like to on the Fozzy.)
and paint the Manifold (i'm Irish and thoughts of a Kelley green of crossed the mind!) ha ha let the hating begin on that! :p
I bought an extra manifold to paint, since wrinkle paint takes DAYS to dry and I'd hate to have my car down that long. I'm going to search NASIOC and look at different colors people went with.

I'll probably take it down to PRE and have them install everything then do a retune while i go meet up with some PDX locals for lunch.

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
^^^ ha ha thats the same path i'm taking!

Manifold (i'm Irish and thoughts of a Kelley green of crossed the mind!) ha ha let the hating begin on that! :p
I think we are PMin' some of the same people on NASIOC for TGVs (subiesoon on NASIOC) :raspberry:

Hell paint her green, run injection with Jameson's and scream Pogue Mahone as you fly by Z06s. :rock:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think we are PMin' some of the same people on NASIOC for TGVs (subiesoon on NASIOC) :raspberry:

Hell paint her green, run injection with Jameson's and scream Pogue Mahone as you fly by Z06s. :rock:
:Banane35::Banane35::Banane29:

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Just a heads-up, KSTech sells two different TGV delete kits.

Kit #1:
* Impreza WRX ('02 thru mid '07)
* Impreza WRX STI ('04 thru mid '07)
* Legacy GT ('05 & mid '07)
* Forester XT ('03 thru mid '07)

Kit #2:
* Impreza WRX (USDM - mid '07+, & worldwide - '08+)
* Impreza WRX/STI (USDM - mid '07+, & worldwide - '08+)
* Legacy GT (mid '07 & later)
* Forester XT (mid '07 & later)

Can anyone confirm that there's a difference between the 03-07 and mid 07 Forester TGVs? I'd expect that the 04/05 TGVs would be the same, and the 06+ TGVs would be the same. Sounds fishy...cross-referencing part numbers now...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kit 2 looks as though there are only 2 motor replacement plates, and are shaped differently then kit 1.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
double post...

I just opened the hood on my '08 XT, and from what I could see, I will need two block-off plates per side. So, I need Kit #1.

Edit: The plates in Kit #2 are asymmetrical, and the holes are eccentric. The plates in Kit 1 look symmetrical, and the holes are in the centerline off the plate.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
I went out to the car to double check my assumption that the TGV housings on my '08 XT require the $62 kit, which specified car years '02 - mid '07. The most easily recognizable feature was on the front of the driver side housing, where the sensor plugs in.

On the $62 kit the sensor connection on the housing has a smooth (fileted) transition between the bolt hole and the opening for the sensor. The $49 kit has a radial transition (imagine two circles overlapping) between the bolt hole and the opening for the sensor.

$62 Kit:

$49 Kit:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts