Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 premium have been seeing people upgrading their speakers. I can’t really afford a nice stereo and I’ve read that if I upgrade all the speakers I probably will need a amp to support them.

What if I just update the tweeters. I don’t hate the sound in my car but I also know that speakers aren’t the best.

Would just a tweeter upgrade ($100) be worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT High-torque CVT
8 Posts
I've used Kickers in the past with great success. They're not going to win any competitions, but if you're like me and just want to belt out some X Ambassadors on the way to the campground (or, let's face it, Safeway), they're great.

I haven't played with my Subbie yet, but ran a basic, cheap speaker set with a new head unit in my old Miata, and it made a world of difference. There's already an amp in your subbie, so might well be able to re-use that- do some googling, and/or call Crutchfield Audio.

·
Registered
1998 forester
111 Posts
Typically, it is suggested to walk into an audio shop to hear different speakers that suits you as everyone's ears are different with various preferences.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
573 Posts
I upgraded just the tweeters in my dad's 17 Forester. You can tell a bit of a difference with it but it definitely would sound better if you get the complete set. I just didn't want to bother spending the additional $200 and take the doors apart.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,270 Posts
I can’t really afford a nice stereo and I’ve read that if I upgrade all the speakers I probably will need a amp to support them.
Unless you will be installing a sub-woofer, you should not need an upgraded amp.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
227 Posts
I agree. I installed the Kicker/Subaru tweeters in the dash of my 2015 Forester. They noticeably improved the sound.

Later I added JBL speakers and Dynamat to the four side doors. That reduced road noise and further improved the sound quality. I still have the OEM head unit.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
316 Posts
I did the Kicker OEM upgrade in my Impreza and XV. The improvement in sound, and the easy of installation, were well worth the modest cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts