Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester SG 2.0XT manaul
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rock:Just picked up a 2002 SG 2.0 XT cayenne red in manual at a low price at an auction. Love the moonroof. The car is mint being a Japanese import and one lady owner after that. The auctioneer said the clutch was stuffed but I got it checked out before hand and he was wrong, so I got an awesome deal and it's only done 83,000 k's. Sweet. The only issues are driver electric window broken and diff oil low. So those are the first things I will use this forum to fix...

I have already been off road in it twice to get around the coast to good fishing spots. Need to figure out it's off-road limits a bit more.

The last performance car I had was a 300HP 2.5L V6 twin turbo mitsibishi legnum VR-4. Awesome car a bit heavier than the forester so similar acceleration. VR-4 is better around corners, but the forester has insane handling for a SUV, what a car. I'm SURE it will be more reliable than the mitsi too, that car was a maintenance nightmare.

Is it worth trying to put a new motor in the electric window myself? Tried in a nissan once and it was a nightmare of cables etc so got the auto-electrician to do it.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium AT
812 Posts
Welcome from Seattle! Post up some pics of your new ride and of those sweet fishing spots!

I have worked on my 1998 Impreza window motor and it was pretty simple. I have worked on my 2011 Forester inner front door panels and it was very straight forward...so, I will say that if you survived the VR-4 nightmare, the Subie should be a snap!

An old friend of my dad's bought the first Mitsubishi VR-4 off of the boat from Japan to the US IIRC. Or as the story he told us went.....I do know it came in a gold color and was pretty neat. I am not sure his maintenance/repair history tho...he does not have it anymore.

BTW you should get that diff oil level up ASAP if you have not done so already as you do not want to burn it up. They will last forever...if you do the maintenance, if you do not....

Congrats on the new ride!!

·
Registered
2002 Forester SG 2.0XT manaul
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls! :bacon:
Your forester is mean. Been there, love where you live. Got second cousins that live in Hamilton. They still salting the roads over there? Never seen so many rusty cars!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts