Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a saga with Pneus I bought 4 ecstas from mytyres..no problem at all !!

Fitted locally at £10 a corner (cheap) just got to get the tracking checked over and then foot to the pedal again. First impressions are good, not as squirmy as the toyo's. Going to try 32 lbs pressure all round (34 on toyo) and see what it feels like with that, may reduce a little as I get more accustomed to their drivability.

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
good work mate! whats tread pattern like compared to toyos? i run my o35s at 31 all round, book says 28-29...

mike

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
Did you get the KU31's Brian? I'm on a set for the summer and I love 'em to bits!

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I had the KU31s too. Was very impressed. Downside was wear rate - nothing to write home about. Surpassed in every respect by the (current) Hankook V12 Evos.

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
I had the KU31s too. Was very impressed. Downside was wear rate - nothing to write home about. Surpassed in every respect by the (current) Hankook V12 Evos.
How does the price compare?

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reminder Max, update on Solwise now done .

Yes, KU31's and a very different tread pattern but I am hoping that the stiffer sidewalls will be the benefit.

Cheers

Brian

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
+1 for Kumhos. Very impressed with mine... good grip wet or dry but need to scrub them in a bit first. I'm running at 32psi all round which seems to work quite well.

Wear rate seems fine to me, but I guess wear rate is subjective as far as what you consider good or bad - I'm used to running Eagle F1s where I got 10 - 15k out of a set max. Kumhos are currently on 8k an I have 6mm left.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
How does the price compare?
At the time (June 2009) the Evos were cheaper. Now another £10 - £20/corner more expensive. Am sure it has nothing to do with going from a completely new tyre from a relatively unknown brand to one of the most highly rated tyres on the market...

Worth the price differential? Undoubtedly. Dry & wet grip/braking better (esp wet). Tyre noise noticeably lower (in fact probably quietest tyre I've ever had), and wear significantly better.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Wear rate seems fine to me, but I guess wear rate is subjective as far as what you consider good or bad - I'm used to running Eagle F1s where I got 10 - 15k out of a set max. Kumhos are currently on 8k an I have 6mm left.
Let's put it this way, mine became slicks within 10 months of purchase. I do tend to drive quite hard though. From memory that would have equated to approx 17k miles, most of which were 'motorway' miles. By no means the worst I've ever had but not the best either.

The Evos have been on the FSTi for just over 12 months and approx 23,000 miles. I'd guess another couple of months life left in them.

·
Registered
2006 Forester STi SG9 6S M/T
137 Posts
Kumho SPT all the way!
I had mine for several months, the best tire I had ever tried.
Now, im running a set of maxxis ma-z1 tires, impressed but still testing them...

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Let's put it this way, mine became slicks within 10 months of purchase. I do tend to drive quite hard though. From memory that would have equated to approx 17k miles, most of which were 'motorway' miles. By no means the worst I've ever had but not the best either.

The Evos have been on the FSTi for just over 12 months and approx 23,000 miles. I'd guess another couple of months life left in them.
See, I'd say 17k miles is OK out of a set of soft-ish summer tyres and 23k is extremely good. Can't remember Toyos or Eagles lasting that long.

·
Registered
03 Audi
238 Posts
Just had Kumho's fitted after running Geolanders, wow what a massive improvement.

I've used Toyo's on an Impreza I owened and thought they were good but these Toyos for the the fairly low cost are a great buy.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Yup, the Kumhos are not bad either ;o)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts