Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester ManualTX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend's '98 Forester never had the keyless entry working from the time she purchased it used. I had problems programming the keyless system and in my frustration finally took it in to the Subaru shop and had them do it. They charged me $30. I figure that was not too bad after all of my time and frustration. They said that they found two fuses "missing" I can't imagine where those were located. I did not see missing fuses! Anyway, it now seems to be working ... sorta.
When I read the owners manual there is no mention of keyless entry:icon_sad: The key fob is the square one with two square buttons. (lock - unlock ) When you push the unlock button, only the drivers door lock unlocks. Additional pressing of the unlock button does nothing for the control of the other locks including the rear luggage door. When I press the lock button all the locks do lock. So the other locks are working within the keyless system.

Can someone tell me how this system is supposed to operate? :icon_idea:
Should it unlock all the doors?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,017 Posts
My girlfriend's '98 Forester never had the keyless entry working from the time she purchased it used. I had problems programming the keyless system and in my frustration finally took it in to the Subaru shop and had them do it. They charged me $30. I figure that was not too bad after all of my time and frustration. They said that they found two fuses "missing" I can't imagine where those were located. I did not see missing fuses! Anyway, it now seems to be working ... sorta.
When I read the owners manual there is no mention of keyless entry:icon_sad: The key fob is the square one with two square buttons. (lock - unlock ) When you push the unlock button, only the drivers door lock unlocks. Additional pressing of the unlock button does nothing for the control of the other locks including the rear luggage door. When I press the lock button all the locks do lock. So the other locks are working within the keyless system.

Can someone tell me how this system is supposed to operate? :icon_idea:
Should it unlock all the doors?

Thank you.
I believe with a second push of the unlock button the other doors should unlock. My wife's 03 Outback unlock button has to be held down for about 5 seconds to activate the unlocking of the other doors though. We usually play "tug the door handle" several times before she can finally get in.

·
Registered
1998 Forester ManualTX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

You are right!

I was double clicking the "0pen" button on the key fob.

It seems that one click works the drivers door look only, or an additional Long click (3-4 seconds) opens all locks. Just one long click opens all doors also!

Thanks for the info.

-D :woohoo:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts