Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am in the process of adding things to my 02 subby and I wanted to know where I can find a keyless entry box? I also wanna know if I need anything else beside the box and where does it go. If anyone can refer me to a kit it would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
My thoughts are you already have the equipment installed and ready to go. If I recall other threads, the SF's came with the keyless entry installed on all models, the base models just didn't get the keyless remotes. All you have to do is get the proper key fob for the Forester and program it and you're good to go.

Possibly someone may chime in to counter what I've said though.

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great if they were installed in every forester. I have the L model so if anyone knows and could comment if it is comfirmed that they are installed in all vehicles that would be great

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts
2002 L did NOT come with keyless entry. When I had mine, I added it as a Subaru Option. It was very easy.

Removing the drivers under dash cover, right above the fuse box was the power door lock box. You unplugged and removed that, and replaced it with the keyless entry module. It was very easy.

Then you program the remotes and you were good to go. Don't ask me for any part numbers, that was a different car ago, and all went with that when I sold it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts