Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT STi
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So I'm new to the forum so please excuse me if I ask dumb questions.... This isn't my first or last subby but I am having troubles and have searched all the threads I can manage to find the answer to my prob.

I have a 1998 forester S with a MT 5spd, and when I bought it it didn't have Keyless entry but I wanted it, so I got a new remote and went to a junk yard and found the keyless entry module. Hooked it up and all works fine. Now the problem begins..... this morning I started it up to let it warm up shut the door and was locked out while the car was running. So I was already running behind to work and I had to break into my own car and speed to work.

So does anyone know why it would lock me out? When I drive it locks then unlocks and then locks for good. When I shut the car off it doesnt unlock. Am i missing a part or what?

Please HELP ME...

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,162 Posts
Keyless entry won't work when there's a key in the ignition. I guess there's a reason for it.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT STi
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I opened the door started the car shut the door and it locked me out so keyless will lock you out with a key in the ignition. It's not like I tried to work the keyless part while I was driving......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts