Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 xt CVT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Few details on the car: 14 FXT touring w/keyless entry, illuminating lights, eyesight, NAV, etc.

On friday am, i parked my car, tapped the door handle to lock the car, and headed into work. After work i get to my car and noticed that the side mirrors did not light up like they used to and when i went to reach for the door the doors did not unlock. So pulled out my fob and pressed 'unlock' to no avail. I took out the key from the fob and unlocked the door manually. The alarms went off and i tried to silence it by pressing the unlock button on the key fob to no avail. I was able to turn the alarm off by tapping the fob on the push button start.

I was able to start the car by pressing the push button start AND holding the key fob right next to the push button start. But on different occasions the car a warning will pop up saying "key was not detected" even though the key was in the cup holder, my pocket, door, etc. I have a phone charger that has been in the car for 2 years and it has not affected the car at all.

I checked both key fobs and have replaced the batteries in both key fobs but the keyless entry still does not work! Has anyone experienced this before or have a solution to this?

I also noticed, after i unlocked the car manually, that there is a red car with padlock light flashing every 4 seconds or so.

·
Registered
2016 2016 & 2015
104 Posts
I have this issue sometimes with radio inhibitors use by police or other authorities in some places sometimes example near police station if there is an alert of some sort...
It has been as well a problem at home because of my house alarm remote (it took me a while to figure this one out) it was working on same frequency and broke down emitting full time... therefore acting a bit like an inhibitor as well.

so the question is : does it happened in any other place?
the other one is: do you have any other remote with you where buttons could be pressed/jammed/or emit permanently by mistake

if none of these then I'm afraid it will be time to go to the dealer to have the receptors checked (if the 2 keys don't work then the issue is not on the key side :( )

·
Registered
14 xt CVT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this issue sometimes with radio inhibitors use by police or other authorities in some places sometimes example near police station if there is an alert of some sort...
It has been as well a problem at home because of my house alarm remote (it took me a while to figure this one out) it was working on same frequency and broke down emitting full time... therefore acting a bit like an inhibitor as well.

so the question is : does it happened in any other place?
the other one is: do you have any other remote with you where buttons could be pressed/jammed/or emit permanently by mistake

if none of these then I'm afraid it will be time to go to the dealer to have the receptors checked (if the 2 keys don't work then the issue is not on the key side :( )

Happens everywhere.All key fobs are in good shape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts