Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my factory keyless entry box from my 99 Forester L because I am going to add an aftermarket keyless/remote start unit. After I removed the keyless box, the drivers side door lock lever will not move when pressing the lock/unlock switch, but all of the others still function normally.
Is there a wire on the keyless harness I need to jump get it to lock or is this a "feature" designed to keep me from locking myself out of the car?

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just did a search on RS25.com about keyless and found a possible solution. The last post had a picture of a plug shown with a jumper wire on it.
Search DIY:OEM Keyless Entry on RS25.com and go to the last page.

I took a look under my dash and this is the same plug. I am going to jump the connection tomorrow and see if it makes my drivers side door lock too.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
My 97 2.5GT had the same issue, I can't remember the wiring colors but since the drivers door unlocked separately with the first button push the wiring was also separated. One jumper wire in the plug fixed that problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I had to jumper a wire between 2 connections on the factory keyless plug to get all the locks working with the door lock switch. I believe the plug is a 12 wire plug that looks like the picture below. Basically you jumper a wire between the first and last wire on the bottom row of wires.

________| |_______
-------------------
|--|--|--|--|--|--|
-------------------
|X |--|--|--|--| X|
-------------------

Jumper the connections with an X on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts