Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two key fobs like this.

One is brand new and the other is ancient and has finaly fallen off of it's keyring. How do I program the new one? I only seem to be able to find info on the black inbuilt key type.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,794 Posts
Think you will find it's the same procedure. All they did was fit the unit into the key for convenience.

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to bump this thread, but I still cant work this out. All of the guides cover the inbuilt key type. They say to turn key ten times/look for black box behind drivers kick panel/hold down the lock button blah blah blah. My key fob only has one button to lock/unlock, so how do I hold down the lock button? My user manual only covers the key type. None of this is helping me. Am I just Fick?

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have found this. It seems to be correct. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the ticket. Cheers Don. To the rescue as always.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,734 Posts
Yes, remotes probably show the greatest variation across national markets of any piece of a vehicle. Differing rules regarding use of the radio spectrum.

·
Registered
161 Posts
quick tip - press the buttons on the key pad in quick sucession until you finish entering the full code.

If you pause between each number it doesnt seem to work.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
quick tip - press the buttons on the key pad in quick sucession until you finish entering the full code.

If you pause between each number it doesnt seem to work.
Any other clues on how to program a new fob with the flaky keypad they seem to have used. Once slight press and the LED flashes like a wild thing. Can't tell when its accepted the key press or not.:confused:

ubdai

A

·
0 Posts
Any other clues on how to program a new fob with the flaky keypad they seem to have used. Once slight press and the LED flashes like a wild thing. Can't tell when its accepted the key press or not.:confused:

ubdai
Use a blunted pencil to press the buttons for accuracy :biggrin:

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
Use a blunted pencil to press the buttons for accuracy :biggrin:
No joy I'm afraid. Have been onto a local car security company and they said goto main dealer. Rang main dealer and they want bl**dy £80 quid to program a new fob.:icon_frown: and the cars got to be booked in to do it. Seriously taking the p*ss they are.:huh:

Is there anyone on the UK section that knows anywhere in Essex /North London that can do the job cheaper. (any subaru technicians that want to earn a few quid to do the job outside of work)

As a last thought, has anyone with a 10yr+ age car gotten onto Subaru and complained about the flaky keypad and got them to do a key fob reprogram for gratus?

ubdai

·
Registered
57 2.5xten
130 Posts
Do not press the numbers on the keypad too quickly. Each input, if done correctly, will be accompanied by a flash of the LED.

Its tricky as hell to start with but it does work.

Andy

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,794 Posts
But what about a forester without sigma m30 alarm or keypad fitted ? How to reprogram the two button key fob on UK model ? :confused:
If its a UK MY01 SF5 it would have come fitted with the Sigma M30 and keypad.
If it no longer has the M30 alarm fitted, then AFAIK it doesn't have an alarm system, unless another "Aftermarket" one has been fitted.

Are you after the two button key to "lock"/"unlock" the doors i.e. keyless entry function??

If so this section may provide a clue to registering the key transmitter.

keyless entry system/keyless transmitter

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have got it sorted. I tried on the day I bumped this thread and couldnt get it right. I left it a couple of days, tapped it the code pressed one button then the next. there was a faint beeping (not like any beep I've heard the car make before.) Now I have a nice shiny keb fob that is actualy attached to my keys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts