Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I believes goes in this section of the forum.

I am looking for just the housing/shell of the key fob. The spring and mechanism that holds the key in-place broke off. The only thing I have found is a complete replacement(with the electronics).

Thanks You

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 Impreza Hatchback CVT
835 Posts
Make sure you move the chip that talks to your immobilizer - I am not familiar with these keys (yet) but on my Toyota it is glued into the inside of the case.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greatly appreciate it! I did not know Toyota use similar ones. I have looked on eBay, Googled, and AliExpress. I guess my search term was too specific, too broad, and/or not using the correct terms.

Make sure you move the chip that talks to your immobilizer - I am not familiar with these keys (yet) but on my Toyota it is glued into the inside of the case.
Is there a hidden chip somewhere? Mine just have the motherboard that is clipped in.

·
Registered
'17 Impreza Hatchback CVT
835 Posts
Move the electronics to a new shell and then see if it works properly without the old case nearby. If it does, then you should be fine. The Toyota ones have a chip glued into the case - and sometimes folks discard the old case after moving the wireless remote electronics before they realize it's a problem (because then the immoblilizer doesn't recognize the new key). Please let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The included image shows the buttons piece cutouts and placements. It is not the same as O.E.M. The blank key does not even fit correctly(not sure if is defective or not). When I put the motherboard in, the red L.E.D. keeps blinking; however when I press the buttons, they will click:shrug:. I placed the motherboard back into the OEM, and the red LED stop blinking.

Might have to settle with the OEM replacement or just keep it taped up.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts