Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5 XT Manual
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im swapping out the standard 6CD changer from my05 XT with my single din Kenwood KDC-BT8044U.

I'm trying to figure out the harness / gubbins I need to get this in and working with the steering column controls already on my XT..

Standard HU (back):

Kenwood (back):

According to some digging - it seems that my HU has special Kenwoods own solution for stalk controls - but on looking at the specs they are for the 2008> models and also - they seem to cost a about £70 for the control unit and can't even find the little plug converter..

So digging through my box of bits I've found this from InCarTec which is the Kenwood specific tail that accompanies this set of cables

Basically I think I must have gone down this avenue before in my old Mondeo because I have the other part of it but specific to the Mondeo... anyway - my question is - according to the manual for my Kenwood HU, this bit (which I'm holding in the second image):

needs to connect to this bit:

Seems to me that the Kenwood's own brand system probably does this the same way and I notice that this is just a single cable to special connector 'thingy' that i'm holding in the second pic. looks like a PS2 or a S-Video connector:

Any chance anyone out there has done similar and had to snip that cable or did you get that little Kenwood specific bit to make it neater? long shot I know.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2004 2.5 XT Manual
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi

Just thought I'd update this with the IncarTec bits I got which work a treat JIC someone else out there needs to do the same. £28 all together

Part numbers

29-667 harness
29-005-D kenwood specific 'din' connector.. not on website - had to ring them up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts