Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was not sure what they would do for me soo I took the bottom rear bushing out and drove around. At a start the transmission shutters and jumps
Put the Kartboy bushings in and no more jumping or shuttering( even if I was trying too)
follow peaty's install directions to the book and its easy other wise prepare for a battle to get the trans to line-up with the holes
over all, this, like all the kartboy stuff is worth the money

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
KB Tranny Crossmember bushings

I picked these up and put them on tonight..

Note that I already have the Group N tranny mount...

Couple of points first of all, the bushings don't entirely seem to fit perfectly on the FXT crossmembers... not sure if it's suppose to be like that or not, wasn't a bit deal since it all compresses anyways...

After installation, went out for a drive... the shifter when shifting didn't seem to have much of a change...

What I do notice is when accelerating/decelerating/shifting gears, the gear lever doesnt seem to move all that much, so gears are exactly where you expect them to be...

I would say that if you don't have the Group N tranny mounts, go head and do these...

The Group N definitely made the biggest difference... after the group N were installed, these made a small diff... I wouldn't say totally necessary, but they're cheap anyways...

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
I did the KB bushings before the Group N tranny mount. The do maje a difference when put on a vehicle without the tranny beefed up tranny mount. However I gotta say I really, really like group N mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts