Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
What I said. It's a great car but in the current market I can't see anyone paying that. I think they ought to but the Forester is sort of our little secret isn't it? Most people just don't get it and 99% of the people with 10 large burning a hole in pocket on the lookout for a 'different' estate will buy a Mercedes or a Block My Way. Just the way it is.

Then again it only takes one enlightened soul to buy it....

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree it won't sell to a 'normal', but I reckon it'll go for close to that, even with 80k on the clock.

People still want them as far as I can see. You don't see them advertised, or selling, for much less. Well, unless something's amiss!

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
That's definitely mine, and the description on ebay is pretty honest.

The alloys were bubbling like mad when I sold it, so it has had some remedial work there before that owner got it, but it really needed a full strip and shotblast to do them properly and it doesn't sound like that happened.

The rear bumper was indeed bruised slightly in the exact middle - the posts at Marks and Spencer at Hedge End are in the middle of the spaces, and too low to see when reversing :(

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,666 Posts
The address threw me as I remembered KM was. On the South Coast, then I remecalled he sold it.

Nice FSTI price is what the seeker will pay.

I know as I spent a few £60's on mine plus the new engine, got nowhere near what I invested in it.

Good luck to the seller.

ATVB

AM.

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
Go on karma mechanic, make me jealous, tried convincing the missus she needed a nismo but she got the ntek instead.... kinda gutted maybe, how good is it ???

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
Go on karma mechanic, make me jealous, tried convincing the missus she needed a nismo but she got the ntek instead.... kinda gutted maybe, how good is it ???
The Nismo has a different look because of the side skirts and the front and rear bumpers. The spoiler makes the biggest difference to the looks, every Juke needs one...

The suspension on the Nismo is a bit harder, but on mine it now has Eibach progressive springs that lower it 30mm and have a completely different 'feel'. Softer for small excursions, harder once compressed. Less roll. The jelly bushes in the steering have been replaced with poly ones, much more precise, and they help keep it a lot more stable when the torque overcomes the front grip. I've also had a remap, so the torque in particular is lifted quite a bit. It feels a lot more perky than the FSTi due to being lighter and the throttle response being very different, even though it has less power and much less traction. It is almost completely silent compared to a Scoob, this also helps with the apparent power in that it seems to effortlessly spin round to the rev limiter.

I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to get traction on cold, wet roads :)

If you have questions about the N-tec then http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/forums.html is worth a look.

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
The Nismo has a different look because of the side skirts and the front and rear bumpers. The spoiler makes the biggest difference to the looks, every Juke needs one...

The suspension on the Nismo is a bit harder, but on mine it now has Eibach progressive springs that lower it 30mm and have a completely different 'feel'. Softer for small excursions, harder once compressed. Less roll. The jelly bushes in the steering have been replaced with poly ones, much more precise, and they help keep it a lot more stable when the torque overcomes the front grip. I've also had a remap, so the torque in particular is lifted quite a bit. It feels a lot more perky than the FSTi due to being lighter and the throttle response being very different, even though it has less power and much less traction. It is almost completely silent compared to a Scoob, this also helps with the apparent power in that it seems to effortlessly spin round to the rev limiter.

I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to get traction on cold, wet roads :)

If you have questions about the N-tec then Nissan Juke Owners Club, UK's no1 Group is worth a look.
OK.... so jealous as hell covers it then :biggrin:

I'd still have a foz even if the missus got one.... trade in in a few years and I'll bend her ear a bit more... must get nismo :chair:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts