Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have APS 65mm CAI and using Airaid filter.Thinking about changing to K&N or AEM Dryflow oil free filter.Any coments on either one(I live on a 4 mile dirt road and it can get really dusty)?Any part numbers that will fit the APS 65mm cai.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,947 Posts
Kind of a personal preference, but since you have to drive on a dusty road, I'd recommend a prefilter sock on whichever filter you decide on. :smile:

BTW, I use K&N filters on all 3 of my vehicles. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
04 STi and Fxt
169 Posts
I have APS 65mm CAI and using Airaid filter.Thinking about changing to K&N or AEM Dryflow oil free filter.Any coments on either one(I live on a 4 mile dirt road and it can get really dusty)?Any part numbers that will fit the APS 65mm cai.

I am a fellow Colorado native. In my opinion, you should get rid of the CAI all together. I had one on the STi and nearly hydro-locked the motor twice. The first time you accidentally hit that puddle, you will wish you listened.

The good thing about the APS CAI( same i had), is the fact that you can trade straight up for a short ram with cash on top.

A) With a short-ram you wont suck up water, killing your motor or causing you a huge headache

B) With a short-ram you can change the filter or clean it in 5 minutes

C) Live worry free.

IMO get a foam filter!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts