Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a new (used) car and like the Forester. Looking around at info right now like common issues for 2002/2003.

I've already learned a ton SF 1st gen SG 2nd gen. Head gasket woes. Timing belt at 100k.

I will be posting my questions in the new owner shopping forum, so if ya have any advice give a yell!

Thanks,
Vince

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,230 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester search! Post up a picture when you find your new ride. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Welcome, hope you'll enjoy the site even more once you get your Forester.

Don't rule out looking outside your area. Many of our members have travelled, some have even flown to pickup the perfect Forester. Make it a road trip with a friend or spouse, sometimes it's worth going that extra mile.
Hopefully a local might make some suggestions on where to look.
Keep us informed as to your progress.

Cheers

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

The deeper I dig here the more I realize that the Forester might be right for me. I am surprised I don't see more of these around.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
Yeah, the head gaskets were the only major issue with those years, aside from the overhead clock display burning out (simple fix, just search for "overhead clock display")

Best of luck in your search for a Forester, we look forward to seeing some pictures once you find one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts