Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I"m not new to subaru at all. I purchased my first scoobie in 2000 after college (2.5RS) and have been a long time member of NASOIC and 2.5RS.com. I was able to convince my family to join the subaru bandwagon while we were all living in boston. Dad bought a 2001 Forester S premium 5MT new from the factory and we got mom into a used 06 Legacy sedan last year.

My wife and I are getting ready for a family and just bought a 2002 Forester S Premium that had spent the first 5 years of its life on the east coast before being shipped to sunny california. We got it with 140K miles and unfortunately a blown head gasket. It is an upgrade to my wife's 96 chevy cavalier and is indeed a big upgrade.

I've already found some great info on the head gasket replacement and have ordered all the parts i'll need. Once they arrive, i'll get down to brass tacks.

Funny to think about it, but there are a lot of foresters around here in San Diego CA. Despite having the best weather in the country, it is a solid car and has quite a reputation even in non-bad weather regions.

-Ben

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Funny to think about it, but there are a lot of foresters around here in San Diego CA. Despite having the best weather in the country, it is a solid car and has quite a reputation even in non-bad weather regions.

-Ben
More surfers :) I would say the same about Huntington Beach, but they're more "blingy" up here so the Forester doesn't cut it lol. Welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts