Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 04 FXT Auto with 61k miles for $13,500 from a dealer.
I was looking for a manual with leather and a moon roof,
but this was the only XT model I found for sale in
the south east after searching for 2-3 weeks.

Great car so far!!! :new_multi:

What are you guys' thoughts on the price? :N_poke:

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Doesn't sound bad for the miles and coming from a dealer, maybe a touch on the high side but no big deal if you're happy with the car. Did they throw anything in with the deal, like a 12-month warranty?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,756 Posts
I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so we can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
Congrats! I think, if that price was worth it for you, then who cares what anybody else says. Plus when there aren't many available, price is a little higher.

My wife and I flew from Montana to New Mexico to get our 04 XT Premiem, then drove it back. Their were 3 for sale in the whole country that I could find with the right options and color.

Lots of great info on this forum. Good reading to you.

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
952 Posts
we're in the same boat. I bought my 04 xt premium auto (4eat) right before xmas. it has been a great car so far!

look into suspension and engine upgrades, you won't be sorry (except for your wallet) :)

·
Registered
2004 XT
27 Posts
Congrats!

I flew to TN from NYC to pick up a 04 FXT with 85K on the clock at xmas. Drove it back, and have since put another 4k on and I'm loving it---- such a great vehicle!!

:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pic

I didn't realize I could post pic attachments as a basic member. :Banane17:

Here's the only pic I have right now....
will upload more when it stops storming.

My gf on the phone as usual. :icon_rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
181 Posts
I just purchased an 04 FXT Auto with 61k miles for $13,500 from a dealer.
I was looking for a manual with leather and a moon roof,
but this was the only XT model I found for sale in
the south east after searching for 2-3 weeks.

Great car so far!!! :new_multi:

What are you guys' thoughts on the price? :N_poke:
Congrats!! My 04FXT came to me very similar as well. Wanted a 5 speed but the only one I could find was an auto. Still not dissappointed and neither will you. Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Congrats! I think, if that price was worth it for you, then who cares what anybody else says. Plus when there aren't many available, price is a little higher.

Lots of great info on this forum. Good reading to you.
Exactly, I think you'll be happy with the automatic, many have modded their Foresters and stuck with the stock auto. Don't forget to lavish your new car with some servicing in this area. So many cars never have their transmission fluids changed, it's a good idea to do so if you have no service records to go by. It'll keep your car moving....forward and reverse.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,734 Posts
I paid very close to the same amount for my 04 XT a little over a year ago with 68,000 miles. So I'm thinking it's a fair price. The XT is one amazing vehicle. Have fun!

Some tips....

Change diff fluids.....easy.
Change tranny fluid.....easy to drain, pain to fill (the dipstick is under the intercooler)
Change the engine oil.......easy.
Change the air filter......easy.
Change the plugs with Iridiums......time consuming and tedious, but not hard.
Service the brakes (turn/replace rotors and pads if needed) new fluid and bleed brakes......easy.
Check/Change power steering fluid (it should be red, not brown)

Then give the car a good clay bar and wax and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
2004 ForesterXT
59 Posts
Then, there are the performance upgrades to bring the best out of your ride. Turbo, suspension, sound-proofing, exhaust.... ;)

·
Registered
2005 SCION TC
34 Posts

Shes a cutie! Err... I mean the car of course...
Just kidding, a couple of beauties you got there! Welcome to the forums, there is some GREAT info here, and some very helpful posters. The best advice any of us will give you is to enjoy your car, you've just made a great decision buying it! :woohoo:

·
Registered
2005 SCION TC
34 Posts

Shes a cutie! Err... I mean the car of course...
Just kidding, a couple of beauties you got there! Welcome to the forums, there is some GREAT info here, and some very helpful posters. The best advice any of us will give you is to enjoy your car, you've just made a great decision buying it! :woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT
15 Posts
You are going to love this car, I drove 300 kms to buy mine two years ago. I was a die hard ----- lover until this car. It honestly is the best car I have ever had. Mine has leather guts and the massive sunroof. If you have the sunroof, don't drive at highway speeds with it fully open..... EAR SHOCK!!
Congrats on the purchase

1 - 17 of 17 Posts