Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far what a great car.

How long does it take to know what button to push and how to do things - or do you get to a point where you set things and just leave them alone>

I like to keep music on USB stick - don't really have space on phone. So first is there a way for it to go to media when I start car and not to radio so I then have to do media? Also when I stop engine it then says media not available - so I can't sit in car for a couple of minutes waiting for someone and have media playing - or do I not stop car and let engine stop itself.

Occasionally use CarPlay - but when I plug in iPhone it stops playing from media and says media not found - is there a way to use UCS plugged into 1 usb port and iPhone plugged into the other.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure I'll have 1,000,000 more questions.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I would highly recommend you reading over your manual for both the car, STARLINK and the EyeSight features.
The manual(s) can better answer your questions and will also recommend USB type/size, song file formats and other various compatibilities.

Welcome and have fun with your new Foz.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
14 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and hope you continue to enjoy your Forester.
Sometimes I find it easier to watch a short video to get the information I need.
Subaru have a series of instructional videos on how to use the infotainment head unit.
The link below is the first video in the instructional series. Trust this will help you.

·
Registered
2019 Sport cvt
154 Posts
I'm a set and leave alone sort. There are a lot of buttons. I don't carry separate media but would suggest tapping the Engine Start button after stopping with foot off the brake. It will cycle through on, etc., without starting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts