Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XT Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, just picked up the wife a Sage Green 2010 XT Limited. Will be cruising the board for info on these Foresters. I myself, am not new to turbo Subaru's and am enjoying this as my 5th one. I'm a proud owner of a wicked fast Sti that has seen alot of money put into it. Just wanted to introduce myself over here, from the STi board, as this looks like a good place to be as well.

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Welcome! I automatically like you because my fiancee lives in Ohio! I will be
moving out there when I graduate from college.

You think you are gonna be modding the Forester at all?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
3 Posts
Not so happy

Having a new 2010 Forester, which I was initially pleased with from a driving perspective, I can no longer live with the low quality materials used in this vehicle. Although it is reasonably well screwed together, the products used are as cheap as anything. I surmise that in order to keep cost competitive and all wheel drive, they had to cut back on every other component in the vehicle. At 8000 miles, I now have a discernible engine knock. No more Subaru for me!! Should have bought a year old BMW X3..It will be sold before the week is out...

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Having a new 2010 Forester, which I was initially pleased with from a driving perspective, I can no longer live with the low quality materials used in this vehicle. Although it is reasonably well screwed together, the products used are as cheap as anything. I surmise that in order to keep cost competitive and all wheel drive, they had to cut back on every other component in the vehicle. At 8000 miles, I now have a discernible engine knock. No more Subaru for me!! Should have bought a year old BMW X3..It will be sold before the week is out...
Not sure this is the thread to post your complaint in?

·
Premium Member
04 2.5XT 4EAT
38 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Glad to here there is another Forester out on the streets.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
173 Posts
Welcome fellow Ohioan. Now that the snow is finally melted, let's get out there and drive. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2010 XT Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the kind welcomes! I'll snap a few pictures soon.
As for modding it, had it less than a week and it's already begun. Tint's done, head rest dvds for the kids-check, it never fails! Oh yeah, i think it may be headed for an AP OTS map before the summer is out.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XT
212 Posts
Haha, X3... You seriously don't know squat about cars, do you? That, or you're a 17 year old girl. OOoooh it's a BMW! Haha, yeah right, put woodgrain dash in a Ford Escape and its an X3.

Guess XT Foresters aren't for everyone... OP, you made a good purchase. BTW, mine was hit by a Toyota Landcruiser, did $7300 in damages, and I drove it 3 hours home after the accident. Car is amazing, you will love it.

·
Premium Member
2010 2.5 XT Limited
342 Posts
Haha, X3... You seriously don't know squat about cars, do you? That, or you're a 17 year old girl. OOoooh it's a BMW! Haha, yeah right, put woodgrain dash in a Ford Escape and its an X3.

Guess XT Foresters aren't for everyone... OP, you made a good purchase. BTW, mine was hit by a Toyota Landcruiser, did $7300 in damages, and I drove it 3 hours home after the accident. Car is amazing, you will love it.
X3 was made by a contractor of BMW in Austria.... and X3 is not that good overall. It can't go offroad as Mr. Clarkson demonstrated here...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts