Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would pass along information on an incredible (but expensive) product...
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog..._1004&SKU=11119

I took advantage of a beautiful Sunday afternoon and did the full exterior detail on my Forester: wash, clay, polish, wax, open beer....admire.

It took about 15 minutes to get comfortable with the equipment and then things went pretty quickly. It removed 99% or the swirl marks and left the paint mirror smooth. The wax brings out a lot of depth in the paint and looks amazing. This is without a doubt the best my car has ever looked and I will never go back to using the old orbital again. I used to spend a full day using 3M fine cut polish and Imperial hand glaze but this system is faster, easier to use and gives far superior results.

Also, their microfiber towels are much nicer and have a deeper pile than the other microfiber towels I have used.

just my .02

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
jmaiken said:
Just thought I would pass along information on an incredible (but expensive) product...
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog..._1004&SKU=11119

I took advantage of a beautiful Sunday afternoon and did the full exterior detail on my Forester: wash, clay, polish, wax, open beer....admire.

It took about 15 minutes to get comfortable with the equipment and then things went pretty quickly. It removed 99% or the swirl marks and left the paint mirror smooth. The wax brings out a lot of depth in the paint and looks amazing. This is without a doubt the best my car has ever looked and I will never go back to using the old orbital again. I used to spend a full day using 3M fine cut polish and Imperial hand glaze but this system is faster, easier to use and gives far superior results.

Also, their microfiber towels are much nicer and have a deeper pile than the other microfiber towels I have used.

just my .02
What are you doing this coming Sunday?:poke:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang, this is a tough crowd. William, you will be amazed at how good the Java Black Pearl looks once you get the swirl marks out.

I will trade you for your Access Port! j/k Let me know if you want to meet up to check it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS - I am planning on going to the DCAWD meet at Hard Times in Springfield tomorrow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I will see you there. As promised here are some pics....I am not very handy with the camera and the pictures are a little blurry and shaky but you can get the idea.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
I'll have to keep the Griot's in mind in case I can no longer get the ProKote I've used for the past 4 yrs. It also is excellent, easy to use and also by hand only. After cleaning the car, it takes about 45 minutes to do the Forester.

I order it (4oz bottles) from a place in Allentown, Pa, (Brilex Solutions). It leaves the surface also like a mirror and is expensive, about $12(**see below) for a 4oz bottle. So I order 4-6 at a time. I usually use 1 bottle per application. Once in the Spring, and again in the fall.

I use it on my wife's black Highlander, and I also have an 04 Java Black Pearl. I love how black cars look when they have a mirror finish....and without the waxing or orbital swirls. Also seems to dry 'cleaner' not leaving water spots. Thats usually how I know when it's time for another cleaning and waxing.

2nd picture was taken this morning, After a night out in the rain. This is why I got hooked on this after years of carnuba wax and orbital waxers.

EDIT 3/15 just went to their site to reorder, WOW price dropped to $2.99. Really time to reorder: http://www.enter.net/kart/kart.pl?cart=brilexnew&action=category2&catid=48&pwidth=1

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
Yes this stuff works wonders as I am a huge fan of griots products good job with the detailing!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
274 Posts
Man, looks like I've been missing out....I've just been using Blue Coral car wash. Time to learn to polish!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts