Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I am a proud new owner of a used '17 Forester with Eyesight and had something big hit my windshield the other day, left a double chip in it so I got it fixed this morning, thinking nothing of the Eyesight. Since this impact was big and it's been hot out, I wanted to get it fixed immediately before it grew. I didn't notice it not working when I drove away, but I also try to drive well so it doesn't beep. I talked to a friend with a Forester later in the day and he told me to check to see if it was working. I tried driving (safely) out of the lane and no beeps. Uh oh.

Does Subaru do something special to the windshield to recalibrate Eyesight? Is this a 15 minute dealer job or an all day thing? Any feedback is appreciated in this area, as this is my first Eyesight and windshield repair. Please tell me I don't have to replace the windshield!

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,340 Posts
How near to the Eyesight module was the repair?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is on the driver's side, just off to the left of the camera. It looks like it's just on the edge of the ES border (referencing the ES user manual). I am hoping if I turn ES on and off and clean it, it'll be good. I have to take it for a service anyways, but wondering what others experience with it is. Have you had any issues Bill?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,340 Posts
I don't have Eyesight on my 2018 Forester, but my wife has it on her new 2019 Crosstrek. No issues with it yet. With all the windshield damage I've had with my Forester I'm glad I don't have Eyesight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts