Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my new inverter in the mail today.
Actually my second inverter I buy but the first one I bought and then sold to my parents before I ever got to use it or even install it.

Anyway thinking it's nice to have a inverter installed in the car I bought a new one. So it ended up with this one http://www.nedis.com/index.php?mc=10 (HQ-INV1KW/12)
(Seems you have to search it up. Can't link it directly)
reason is that the price diff between the 300 to 600 was small and the same between the 600 to this 1000w unit. So I took the 1000w since it seems I got most for my money. :shrug:

Now the big trick is to find a place to install it. It's a bit bigger then a 300w.
And I need to install a new powercable and fuse for this. I also need a heavy duty relay. So the powercable is going to be a awg 2 size. The fuse is going to be one of those automatic fuses. Don't know what to call them. It's a 100amp fuse. Ofc I could go for a bigger fuse but I figure if I draw so much that the fuse goes then I'm very sure the total draw is much more then the 110amp alternator can supply anyway.
Besides that I allready have a powerhungry 12" pioneer sub in the rear.

Any advice on the relay size and a place to install this inverter would be nice.
It's too bulky to share room with my amp. And I don't think it will be happy in the subwoofer box. :lol:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that I think of it a tad bigger relay then the 100amp fuse would be wise....

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump
120a relay and under seat installation :shrug:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,836 Posts
The fusing should be as close to the battery as possible so it protects the wiring beyond it. As to placement of the inverter, keep in mind it can get hot. Curious, what's the inverter going to be used for? BTW, the link on your first post doen't work, I get this, "You are not an authenticated user." :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thx m8. It don't work putting in a direct link I guess.
Well, I planned on buying a 300w inverter just to have available in the car.
But I felt that I wanted the most out of my money if I was going to buy one so it ended up with the 1000w inverter instead. :shrug:

Edit: About the heat. You don't think it will get enough air under the seat or you suspect something will catch fire under there....

The fusing should be as close to the battery as possible so it protects the wiring beyond it. As to placement of the inverter, keep in mind it can get hot. Curious, what's the inverter going to be used for? BTW, the link on your first post doen't work, I get this, "You are not an authenticated user." :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,836 Posts
I have my subwoofer under the passenger seat & there are air ducts under there. If you're going to run the inverter with the engine running, you should have air flow. Of course if you're running heater, that's going to blow warm air. :wink:

Try running the inverter with what you're going to operate off it & see how hot it gets. It may only get warm. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, trick is that I don't have anything I need to run of it as I know of. Most likely if anything it wont be even close to the 1000w limit. The inverter shuts down if it gets to around 60 degrees celcius.
Ye I will only be running it with the engine turned on. Warm air is mostly in the winter and I need most of that on the windscreen in the winter so the footwell don't get much air then.

Edit: It would be interesting if it could run one of those electric wrenches for changing wheels. I found one at 870w(310Nm) and a little bigger one at 1kw(400Nm).

I have my subwoofer under the passenger seat & there are air ducts under there. If you're going to run the inverter with the engine running, you should have air flow. Of course if you're running heater, that's going to blow warm air. :wink:

Try running the inverter with what you're going to operate off it & see how hot it gets. It may only get warm. :smile:

Bobby...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts