Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Eyesight CVT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my title says, I just got my new Forester and wanted to introduce myself.

So about me:
I am a Colorado Native who lives in Denver. I am working to get outside more after getting kind of distracted from my usual hobbies by life, two recently born children (10 months and 2.5 years now), and other fun life things that I won't bore all of you with. I enjoy composing music and studying Japanese even though I do not do enough of either and am not stellar at either. :shrug: I also enjoy camping, fly fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, swimming, working out, etc. For indoor activities, I enjoy the occasional movie, watch Top Gear (UK & US) religiously, listen to a broad variety of music from classic rock to dubstep, and am one of those anime and sci-fi fans. For work I am a software and project management consultant for the property and casualty insurance industry.

I purchased the Forester to replace my 2012 Kia Sportage SX AWD. It is a silver Forester XT w/Eyesight and Popular Package #2 (dimming interior/exterior mirrors, Homelink, cargo net, and rear bumper cover). I will get the side, front windows tinted, clear bra added, and a trailer hitch for my bike rack installed on Friday. I think this will be an excellent replacement for the Sportage since I will still have a turbo engine and large sunroof, but also gain much more space, a CVT, much better visibility, etc. It is safe to say that Subaru was rather behind with their dated engine and drive line in the 2013 and earlier Forester XT, but seems to have sorted that out with this new one. Just a warning, while the current gen Kia Sportage drives well and has a nice drive line, it is rather small and has terrible terrible terrible blind spots from the enormous A-pillars.

The Forester is the 4th Subaru owned by my wife and I. It joins our 2012 Outback 3.6R Limited w/Sunroof and is the 10th in a long list of Subaru purchases by us and my parents. I came from a Subaru family that started with a '76 FWD Subaru Wagon. I'm sure my parents would have owned more Subarus if they had minivans, but I am definitely not new to Subarus. My first car was a 1991 Justy 4WD that was a hand me down from my dad. I was later hit in the driver's side door by a 70s Ford truck, but walked away just a bit sore. It's safe to say that I think Subarus are among the safest cars made and certainly have taken the crown from Volvo by now.

I still dream of owning a Brat and performing a 2.5l engine and drive line swap, but probably never will follow through with it.

Wife's and My Subarus:
2014 Subaru Forester XT w/Eyesight (Mine)
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited w/Sunroof (Hers)
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (Mine, sold)
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon (Mine, sold)

Anyway, I look forward to participating on the forums here and maybe even meeting some of you guys somewhere someday.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT CVT
219 Posts
Welcome to the madness I am in a two Subaru family as well. My 04 FXT and the fiancee has a 12 Impreza Sport

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Welcome from western NC!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Welcome from Toronto(ish)! :) My family has two Subarus as well... My dad drives a 1991 Legacy sedan, and I drive a 2001 Forester S. My Foz is definitely better than his Legacy!!! :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts