Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Forester 2.5X Manual
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
So I just bought a 2008 manual Forester 2.5X last Monday. This is my first car and I'm new to the SF world. So I don't know much yet but I'm here to learn, I want to learn everything and anything worth knowing. Big or small.

I also have a couple questions - How can I stop the car from beeping when it's running and a door's open? And how to stop the beeping when someone's not wearing their seatbelt (I always wear my seatbelt, but it beeps when I'm parked)? What can I do to make my Forester faster? My friend told me that I wouldn't be able to Turbo it as it would be terrible for the engine. Is this true? I'm not going to do anything to my car until I have a good understanding of what exactly I'm doing.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
Hello Kial, welcome! :biggrin:

Ah - young love!! :tissue:

Congrats on your first car and a Forester at that!! :Banane35:

Use the search facility to help answer some of your Qs as well. Here's a start for your seatbelt Q Subaru Forester Owners Forum - Search Results

My advice is not to fiddle toooo much at the mo, just enjoy the car!

Until next week.

Then start!!!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,586 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
First off, welcome to the family and forum from Arcade, Georgia, USA! :woohoo:
Second, you have joined a community full of information. As ForesterCub suggested, you can use the "Search Forum" feature and find the answer to almost anything you want to know about your Foz. If you can't find it there, then ask away and I am certain someone can help enlighten you about it.
As far as performance mods: Take your time and learn your Forester. You have a 5 speed All Wheel Drive that can, when properly equipped and driven, out run most other vehicles through twisty roads or tracks even without a turbo.
Search and learn about tires, suspension upgrades, etc and look around for something with a local SCCA group or NASA HPDE: High Performance Driving Event - National Auto Sport Association - nasaproracing.com that will help you develop skills to make you a better and safer driver both on road and on tracks. :bananapartyhat:

G

·
Welcome from a fellow teenager with a Forester for my first car! A knowledge-hungry attitude will take you far. Just take a look around the forums and read all the stickies to get started.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Sounds like you're young? Cool, so am I :biggrin: although, unlike everything here, I don't have a Forester! Ack! (Actually, I did, but it was scrapped. So now I pretend to have a Legacy, even though it's actually my dad's.) Welcome to the forums! :)

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Forester 2.5X Manual
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kindness everyone! I can't seem to get myself off SF.org. Yep, I'm 19.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts