Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my tail light tint film in the mail this afternoon!! i will be installing it tommorow to my tail lights and rear reflectors i will put pics up when its installed. Im pretty excited:woohoo:

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to the dollar store to get some spray bottles for it then im going to do it this afternoon. and i will post pics tonight

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
im looking forward to them when i get off work tonight

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tail lights

so here are a few pics i blacked out the tail lights, reflectors and the subaru badge. it wasnt to bad took me about an hour and half total. has a few small air bubbles in the taillights but you cant really tell unless ur looking for them.
enjoy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
Why in the world would you do that?

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks wnc and outlaw. i think it turned out pretty good

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
because i am trying to black out my forester/ i like it/ and its my forester so i can
Bad answer, IMHO. It may be your car, but you'll be operating it on public roads. Reducing the effectiveness of your tail lights may put you, your passengers, and other motorists at risk.

The North Carolina LEO's may not like it either. Here are some excerpts from the NC Driver's Handbook:

• Taillights must be red in color and
visible for at least 500 feet.

• All motor vehicles produced since 1955 must
have red or amber lights that engage when
the brakes or turn signals are used — these
lights may be combined with the taillights or
may be separated, and they must be visible
for at least 100 feet in normal daylight.

• Because hand signals are difficult to see at
night, it is important that a vehicle’s lights have
clean lenses and stay in proper working order.

If you must drive during fog:
• Turn on the low beam headlights;
• Reduce your driving speed and be alert for
taillights of the vehicle in front of you; and
• Watch for the vehicles behind you.​
I must admit that the tinted treatment "looks good". I've used tinted glass in product design. However, I just cannot fathom why anyone would want to reduce the visibility of their car, increase risk to themselves and the motoring public, and risk a ticket.

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you for taking the time to send me that very useful information on NORTH CAROLINA law. i have a state of florida drivers license, florida insurence, florida tags and title. but thats besides the fact, the color of my light bulbs have not been changed or altered the are still red. and my turn signals are orange. and due the the transparency of the tint it has not effected the distance of the light

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
...but thats besides the fact...
Right. Your avatar says you're in NC.

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
u are correct that is what it says. north carolina law also states that license plates are not aloud to be covered but due to me having a florida plate that rule does not apply to me

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
these are pictures at night so every one will feel safe while im driving. One is with the brake lights on, one with them off and one up close. im sorry its still kinda bright out side

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks. one thing i mainly hate about the 09 model is all the chrome on the lights. ive been wanting to do this since i got it

1 - 20 of 60 Posts