Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes a new shift knob is a mod (short for modification if you didn't already know!). Post some pics pleaseeee!! : D
Oooops. I meant I knew adding the STI shift knob was a mod. It's just such a simple and small update that I didn't really think it should count. ha ha.

D.

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
...But I am also excited about adding the (new but not released until mid-April) Pioneer AVIC X920BT Nav/BlueTooth/hands-free/rear camera/sirius unit.

For anyone interested I did some SERIOUS research on this unit and it is identical to the Pioneer AVIC Z110B unit but it has some new features and also doesn't have that motorized front loading screen which can break down.

Also, notice that the side panel buttons match the interior backlight of the Foz (red/orange).

My custom shop can't wait to do the install and will use my new Foz for their website photo example. I'll be sure to add photos when it's done.

D.

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Any idea what the retail price will be?(Canadian of course)
Yup. My quote (through my dealer who had the connection) will be $1149 but they will make it up in the install as there will be some extra work done to make sure that the install makes the nav unit look like factory (my final quote is approx $2500 incl tax). Also, I am having the steering wheel module installed (to make all the steering wheel controls work), plus the USB/AV inputs installed in the console (for iPod, Sony PS3..whatever), rear view camera (which will also work as a "rear view camera" when in drive so you can keep an eye on anything you may be towing), hands-free blue tooth with the mic hidden within the dash and of course the Sirius radio. Pretty much everything you can do. (don't know if I should also write this but I am having a switch put discreetly in to let you watch DVDs while in drive...for the front seat passenger of course).

I also called Visions Electronics and their price will be $1399.00 retail (Nav unit only) + what they charge for the install. Don't know what they charge for all the add ons.

I could have saved some money if I went somewhere else to get the work done but I have a terrible fear of aftermarket installs and I didn't want to make the dash look cheap by just plopping in a nav unit....and after all the little extras I added on on top of the Nav the price seem justified.

Hope this helps.

D.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,708 Posts
Yup. My quote (through my dealer who had the connection) will be $1149 but they will make it up in the install as there will be some extra work done to make sure that the install makes the nav unit look like factory (my final quote is approx $2500 incl tax). Also, I am having the steering wheel module installed (to make all the steering wheel controls work), plus the USB/AV inputs installed in the console (for iPod, Sony PS3..whatever), rear view camera (which will also work as a "rear view camera" when in drive so you can keep an eye on anything you may be towing), hands-free blue tooth with the mic hidden within the dash and of course the Sirius radio. Pretty much everything you can do. (don't know if I should also write this but I am having a switch put discreetly in to let you watch DVDs while in drive...for the front seat passenger of course).

I also called Visions Electronics and their price will be $1399.00 retail (Nav unit only) + what they charge for the install. Don't know what they charge for all the add ons.

I could have saved some money if I went somewhere else to get the work done but I have a terrible fear of aftermarket installs and I didn't want to make the dash look cheap by just plopping in a nav unit....and after all the little extras I added on on top of the Nav the price seem justified.

Hope this helps.

D.
Sounds pricey to me. But of course I'm of Scottish decent, so I'm thrifty(cheap). I'll have to start stashing away my loonies & twoonies:)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts