Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Can't sleep. SO excited that I pick up my brand new 2010 Forester 2.5XT Limited in Pearl White tomorrow!

I got a great deal and I have already hired the custom shop that will install the new Pioneer AVIC X920BT (Just couldn't stand the factory Nav) and the Compustar 9000 Pro alarm and remote starter in April.

Always wanted a WRX but this is as close as I'm gonna get as there is no way I could ever use that car for the type of work I do.

Just a note... I decided on the Forester after test driving 15 SUV/CUV (some at least 3 times) and probably worked out about 18 spreadsheets to calculate everything from fuel economy, size, cargo space, trim, options and everything in between. After all that I learned one valuable lesson...

You can't make a spreadsheet to describe what "FUN TO DRIVE" means. This car gives me the goosebump shivers!

Sidebar note: You also can't make a spreadsheet on "it's the car my girl wanted the most anyway so I had no choice". Women are always right.

I gave her my Hyundai Elantra. That's love for you.

D.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
389 Posts
congrats

Wow! Your post really shows your excitement. So, you get a dancing banana! :banana:

Have fun in your new foz! I totally agree that it's super fun to drive. I'm really impressed with all the research you did, including all your spreadsheets.

I'd guess you were a lawyer or a paralegal, but then you mentioned that the foz suited your line of work over the WRX. So maybe not.

Happy trails! :rock:

·
Registered
14 Posts
New Ride

Congrats! I 'm very jealous. I "just" want an 04-05 Xt but I'm still looking. Also welcome aboard to a killer site.:woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
29 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! The remote starter is absolutely necessary for those of us who get hit with more than a few feet of snow a year. You most definitely get more snow than I, though.

Thinking of any performance mods? The XT is a great platform.

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone for such kind words and a warm welcome. Just proves we made the right decision on our car if this is the company we keep!

As for "mods", I just ordered a replacement STI shift knob. Does this count as a mod?

Thx.

D.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
357 Posts
Congrats from Ottawa!
Most of us know exactly what you mean in your first post!! Absolutely been there!
Enjoy the XT, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
Welcome from "The land of 10,000 lakes!"

The excitement never really wears off! Every ride is like the first time!

Us Northerners really appreciate the AWD and the heated seats. Enjoy! :Banane02:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts