Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend was ready to move on to better things and he was looking for a quick sale on his 1991 Honda Prelude Si. So I got a smokin' deal for $950. The plans are to flip it. Cleaned it up, spend exactly $135 on parts etc....did a tune up, fluids plugs filters etc. a few other bits and a nice wax job. Hoping to get $1600 for it. Nice car, drives really well, low miles and 5 speed to boot.

Here's a video I made for internet customers. Spy the Scooby in the background!:

YouTube - 1991 Honda Prelude Si.mov

Attachments

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Good golly that's clean! Cars like this don't exist in our part of Canada. A 91 would have rusted away a long time ago. How many miles on it ?

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good golly that's clean! Cars like this don't exist in our part of Canada. A 91 would have rusted away a long time ago. How many miles on it ?
Thanx! It really is clean, I'm a detail freak. Inside is like new. 123,9xx miles.

Nice! I really wanted one of those back in the mid 90s, but I had to settle for a Civic SI. The Prelude was too expensive.
It can be yours for just $1600!!!

Ooh...that's the car I learned to drive stick on. I loved that car. Handled like it was on rails (lowered with Neuspeed suspension). Mine was a 90 also a black Si.
Hey me too, but my first car was a 1980 Prelude 5 speed. Oh, the days of leaving high school with the sunroof open, 80s metal in the speakers, .....

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy moley! I've had this for sale for 24 hours and I've had 5 calls already! Maybe I should have asked more? Don't get greedy Jeff...

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I had one real nice couple call and ask to look at it this afternoon. Real nice people. Then I had some other dude call 5 minutes later, he wants the car now without even looking at it. So I told him I'd give him 2nd dibs after they look at it in a few hours.

So he calls me back 10 minutes later and tells me he'll give me top dollar cash today, and to call the couple up and tell them you've sold it already. He said "that way you can weed them out".

It just pissed me off. I dunno, I want to make some bank here but I also want this car to go to a good person who will appreciate it. My sense is that the weed guy just wants to resell it himself and make a buck, which is fine...but the way he's treating people irks me.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
I prefer to loose a bit of money on a sale and have a vehicle/parts go to a person who I know will appreciate the deal and enjoy the product. I sold my truck to sleaze-ball resellers and regret that alot.

Those late '80s / early '90s Hondas are the best ever. Light, reliable, strong, quick and good-looking. They handle well because of the double-wishbone suspension, the later models did away with that to save money.

I had an '89 Accord LXi 5-speed, very similar car to yours but 4-door. I loved that thing and it treated me well, bought with 98K and sold with almost 200K.

Stan

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just sold it to the nice couple. Made $805 profit for 12 hours work.

:woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 S
75 Posts
Very nice car! I love Southern cars, I remember when going down to Texas over the summer seeing what 90's pickups look like without the rust.

You definitely bought a piece of Honda history alright, not many Sis left without being "riced" out, or some normal Prelude with an Si badge.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems to me your Forester has a sudden need for $805 in upgrades! :wink:
HAHAHA! :evilatyou:

The thought did cross my mind, but I'm putting the money toward some other bills that will get me ahead. I have a house for sale, and I'm getting a custom tune for my new turbo once I get it sold. I'm determined not to do any mods till I sell the house. Discipline = no debt!!!

But man, after driving the Prelude for the last 6 days I got back in my Forester tonight and remembered how ridiculously fast it is!

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
That HICAS (or was that NISSAN). In any case, while they provide a small advantage the system usually broke down the road. Neat idea that's not practical on a road car without constant upkeep.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get my Scooby to handle like the Prelude. Working on getting an STi steering rack and some decent bushings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts