Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Just bought a 2010 Forester Special Edition

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  2.5x_sleeper 
#1 ·
Hi all, been reading a lot of threads here and got some great pre-sales advice. But my question is this.. Has anyone ever bought the Luggage Compartment Cover and installed it themselves? If so, is it easy to install?

That's the one item that I'm thinking in hindsight would be a nice addition. Also is subaruonlineparts.com a reputable place to buy?

#2 · (Edited)
First off, congrats on your new purchase and best of luck with her. Second, the cargo cover is a piece of cake to install, just pop the two plastic filler caps off the top of the rear wheel well plastic trim, insert the left side (drivers) of the aluminum rail into it's pocket in the trim panel. Then lower the right end of the rail into it's pocket and give it a slight push downward, it's clicks in place. That's it.

As far as subaruonlineparts.com, they're an excellent place to do business with. Have ordered from them and a couple of other Subaru parts outlets. Most of these are dealers that have setup a web store, some handle mostly accessories, some all the rest of the parts line. You can do searches here, there's a wealth of info to be had.

Again welcome to the Forum.

#3 ·
Welcome, posts some pics when you can, I think you're the first with the SE package.

Besides subarupartsonline, we have a couple more Supporting Vendors on this site Grayson Subaru and Annapolis Subaru. Jackie at Annapolis Subaru is well known by our members as you can see by their thread in the Vendors section. Plus you get a discount on parts and accessories from being a member here too.

Enjoy your Forester and we'll see you around.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.