Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Just another Forester

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  smithau88 
#1 · (Edited)
After lots of researching and lots of test driving I decided to bite the bullet on my '15 CPO Forester. I had been looking at a lot of SH's but felt for the money the SJ was worth the upgrade. I had come from many different European cars but after owning a beater Outback the Subaru brand definitely had a place in my heart. Before I bought the SJ I pretty much had already laid out the mods I wanted and man am I happy with those decisions.

Details:
  • 2015 Forester 2.5i Premium 6spd
  • 2" Anderson Fab Lift with Multi-Link Kit
  • 17x8 ET42 Rota Recce Wheels in Steel Grey
  • 235/65R17 Hankook Dynapro AT-M
  • Muteki Black Open Spline Drive Lug Nuts
  • Factory Auto Dimming Rear-view mirror
  • Factory Auto Dimming Side Mirrors with Approach Lights
  • TapTurn LED flasher with Approach and Departure feature
  • Amber LED Turn Signals
  • Amber LED Parking Lights
  • Factory Fog lights with 3000K LED bulbs
  • The Retrofit Source Mini-H1 Retrofit w/Morimoto XB55 ballasts and 5000k Bulbs
  • Rockmounts 14er roof basket with eBay LED fogs (will be removed)
  • Curt 2" trailer hitch (still needs installed)

Notes:
The 235/65R17's fit at stock and lifted height with no noticeable rubbing. They may be rubbing at an odd steering angle but not noticeable at all. As many have said, I would not recommend going any bigger. Something to keep in mind, I went from 28mpg highway to 22.5mpg with all these mods. I will be removing the roof basket for my daily commutes as 90% of my time is spend at highway speeds and I hope to regain a couple MPG.

Question:
What did people do with the plastic gas tank covers after lifting? If you look closely you can see how I kind of bent them around the new position of the rear subframe bracing but they kinda look weird handing down. I might just trim them up?

Pictures:
I have two pre-lift and three post, you figure out which are which ;) Also I included a picture of my old Outback. Why is lifting Subaru's so fun?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome Forester, love the look! How was the HID install? We just picked up a 2018 and I'm scouting for lighting upgrades.

I notice a lot of people are lifting their Foz and installing big tires, do people generally offroad with them a lot? Or is it just the look?

#7 ·
Thanks guys! Living in Northeastern Ohio there are not a lot of trails around but I do take it really wherever. I have owned a number of lowered cars over the years and it is hard to go back to something low to daily drive. I have no mercy when it comes to railroad tracks or potholes. This thing takes whatever and really doesn't complain. I do wish it did have at least a rear lsd or something. My previous Outback did seem a little more planted but I like the added visibility of the Forester cabin.

Here are some more photos of taking it out and about.

Attachments

#8 ·
Great looking forester! I'm doing many of the same modifications and was hoping you could help me solve a tire size question. I have larger tires, same size as yours, ready to be mounted, but ALSO have a 1,300lb camper that we are currently towing around. Have you seen any rubbing with your tire size when under load? I saw in your list of upgrades that you were installing a 2' hitch and was hoping you'd put it to work.

Thank you for the help!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.