Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After lots of researching and lots of test driving I decided to bite the bullet on my '15 CPO Forester. I had been looking at a lot of SH's but felt for the money the SJ was worth the upgrade. I had come from many different European cars but after owning a beater Outback the Subaru brand definitely had a place in my heart. Before I bought the SJ I pretty much had already laid out the mods I wanted and man am I happy with those decisions.

Details:
  • 2015 Forester 2.5i Premium 6spd
  • 2" Anderson Fab Lift with Multi-Link Kit
  • 17x8 ET42 Rota Recce Wheels in Steel Grey
  • 235/65R17 Hankook Dynapro AT-M
  • Muteki Black Open Spline Drive Lug Nuts
  • Factory Auto Dimming Rear-view mirror
  • Factory Auto Dimming Side Mirrors with Approach Lights
  • TapTurn LED flasher with Approach and Departure feature
  • Amber LED Turn Signals
  • Amber LED Parking Lights
  • Factory Fog lights with 3000K LED bulbs
  • The Retrofit Source Mini-H1 Retrofit w/Morimoto XB55 ballasts and 5000k Bulbs
  • Rockmounts 14er roof basket with eBay LED fogs (will be removed)
  • Curt 2" trailer hitch (still needs installed)
Notes:
The 235/65R17's fit at stock and lifted height with no noticeable rubbing. They may be rubbing at an odd steering angle but not noticeable at all. As many have said, I would not recommend going any bigger. Something to keep in mind, I went from 28mpg highway to 22.5mpg with all these mods. I will be removing the roof basket for my daily commutes as 90% of my time is spend at highway speeds and I hope to regain a couple MPG.

Question:
What did people do with the plastic gas tank covers after lifting? If you look closely you can see how I kind of bent them around the new position of the rear subframe bracing but they kinda look weird handing down. I might just trim them up?

Pictures:
I have two pre-lift and three post, you figure out which are which ;) Also I included a picture of my old Outback. Why is lifting Subaru's so fun?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome Forester, love the look! How was the HID install? We just picked up a 2018 and I'm scouting for lighting upgrades.

I notice a lot of people are lifting their Foz and installing big tires, do people generally offroad with them a lot? Or is it just the look?

·
Registered
554 Posts
@q20v, believe it or not, people actually take their foresters on dirt roads, in the rain and mud.. up hills, in the rain and mud, crossing streams, while its raining and muddy. Gives me nightmares I tell ya.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pfft what's wrong with those people. Don't they realize the car gets dirty when they do that?? Or heaven forbid, might get... scratched!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Living in Northeastern Ohio there are not a lot of trails around but I do take it really wherever. I have owned a number of lowered cars over the years and it is hard to go back to something low to daily drive. I have no mercy when it comes to railroad tracks or potholes. This thing takes whatever and really doesn't complain. I do wish it did have at least a rear lsd or something. My previous Outback did seem a little more planted but I like the added visibility of the Forester cabin.

Here are some more photos of taking it out and about.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great looking forester! I'm doing many of the same modifications and was hoping you could help me solve a tire size question. I have larger tires, same size as yours, ready to be mounted, but ALSO have a 1,300lb camper that we are currently towing around. Have you seen any rubbing with your tire size when under load? I saw in your list of upgrades that you were installing a 2' hitch and was hoping you'd put it to work.

Thank you for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts