Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of working on a Saturday:icon_frown:, but I knew the office park I work in would be abandoned, so I brought my camera and made lemonade out of lemons. I hope you like!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,338 Posts
Very nice! :cool:

The wheels look perfect & should fit in nicely with your red/black scheme. I like your idea of blacking the bright roof rails. In addition, what about a black lip? :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice! :cool:

The wheels look perfect & should fit in nicely with your red/black scheme. I like your idea of blacking the bright roof rails. In addition, what about a black lip? :wink:
Thanks Bobby! Heh, now that the warm is upon us I should dust off the lip and put it back on. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Your Foz is the hotness! Really like the wheels and lugs...

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
I can't decide if I like #1 or #4 best. The red and black color scheme is great.:rock:

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yarr! You is taking up two spots!
lol, I think I was taking up 3 spots in the last one. :biggrin:

I like pic one, looks like the car is going to leap forward at any moment. :biggrin:
Thanks! I think that one turned out the best.

Your Foz is the hotness! Really like the wheels and lugs...
Thanks!

berry nice!!
Thanks!

I can't decide if I like #1 or #4 best. The red and black color scheme is great.:rock:
Thanks, I like those, too! There are lots of underground garages in the office park, too, so I might go back sometime soon with my tripod. :icon_biggrin:

·
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,468 Posts
That is absolutely my favorite color of foz. Your car is then a perfect example of a tastefully modded version. Looks beautiful.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
great shots, looks good as always. my only suggestion it to paint that hoodscoop GRP! i like the lugs too, since your the one who showed them to me... unfort they dont stand up too well, mine are are chipped already. no biggie, they were cheap!

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
looks good. can u pm me the camera details(camera, lense, post pic editing) since im always trying to get better.

how do you plan on blacking out the roof rails, paint or vinyl?

·
Registered
2003 2.5x
645 Posts
I can't wait to see your Foz in person at WCSS.

Darn it you guys with all your sport black tails....:icon_cry: I spent all my "mod money" on exhaust stuff and sway bars and "The Boss" says no more money till next year.

Car looks awesome by the way! I love that color:icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
looks good. can u pm me the camera details(camera, lense, post pic editing) since im always trying to get better.

how do you plan on blacking out the roof rails, paint or vinyl?
Hey Vince, I'm using a Panasonic FZ8, which is an SLR-like camera. I had to turn down the resolution yesterday because I forgot my memory card at home, so I only had in-camera storage to work with. :chair:----> Me

I'll post-up before/after pics, so you can see what post-processing was performed.

I'm planning on using vinyl on the roof rails.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a comparison of before/after shots. I used Photoshop to do the post-processing. I'm still trying to get better, too, so any additional suggestions are welcome. :)

Photo #1: Cropped. Rotated. Removed light on brick wall. Removed box to the left of the car. Used "levels" to improve lighting. Used "saturation" to intensify colors; decreased yelllow, cyan, blue, & green saturation.

Photo #2: Cropped. Rotated. Increased red saturation, decreased everything else. Adjusted levels to make the car "pop".

Photo #3: Removed light pole in the middle of the parking lot. Removed short light pole in the foreground. Increased saturation - probably a little too much. Adjusted levels to intensify the lighting, but I lost some detail on the back of the car.

Photo #4: Cropped. Rotated. Increased red saturation and decreased yellow, green, cyan, and blue. Adjusted levels for better lighting.

Photo #5: Cropped. Increased saturation. Increased contrast. Decreased brightness.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts