Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am after some advice and hopefully a way forward!

At the moment my Foz is sitting on Pedders Sports Ryder struts and lowered springs, I am not quite happy with the height and would like to get just a bit lower. I was thinking about going with the coilover option however i want to try and avoid the instant defect-ability :laugh: and the shear cost just / harsher ride for a couple of cm. Anyway i have done some poking around here and cant seem to find answers to the following questions;

a. Can you use WRX springs on pedders sports ryder struts (for forester) - I am happy with the struts and want to try to avoid buying another set

b. is there a spring out there that will get me just that bit lower without too much modification to my current setup - trying to reduce cost

oh please note that my wheels being 9.5 +38 are a little bit ... ummmm pokey :wink2:, they stick out about 1cm from the guard, so im not looking at getting crazy low, just want to lessen the gap between the top of the wheel and fender.

Please have at it, chuck me your recommendations and ideas!!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Automatic
48 Posts
I have the ISC Sports Coilover (I believe 10k front and 8k rear spring rates or vice versa). I've only did one fix (one of the coilovers seized to adjust the level of harshness). It's been in my car for almost 47,000 miles. I have ridden with it on camping trips and long trips (From California to Texas and back as well as California to Vancouver, Canada and back) and I never had issues. The Fozzie is not bouncy at all (all in medium setting). Not to mention, it's been sitting on 18x9 +38 Work XD9 wheel with 225/45/18 tires. With this set-up and setting, it looks perfect with not a big gap (no rubbing whatsoever).

Attachments

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok to give you an idea of what i an trying to achieve, the below photos are of my mates MY09. He recently bought a set of MY12 WRX Hatch suspension, not sure if the springs are lowered springs though. they came out of another SH so im not sure if there was any further modification done prior to purchase. The only issue is i can see is that the rear looks a bit saggy and like i said before because of my wheels poking out a little bit I'm worried that they will rub.

Attachments

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh sorry one other thing,

I have NO experience with suspension, the whole thing does my head in! my plan is to just get my parts, take it to a mechanic and just get it done! hah hah hah

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah mate no rubbing at all, the rims is 18x9.5 +38 and the tyres are 245x45x18

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want a hood with a scoop! DAMN IT!
you can!! just head on down to your local wrecking yard that has XTs obviously and take it off the old junker :thumbsup:... will still have a function for you.. like adding extra ventilation :grin2:

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks mate! yeah i read that thread, I was hoping i might be able to get away with using the struts i already have and maybe getting some even-lower springs. Looks like i will be in the market for some 2011 wrx oem's with 3/8" rear butt spacers because for me, if its just bolt on like they say, is perfect fitment for what i want!!

thanks mate!!

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
would there be any difference with the suspension between the Sedan and Hatch WRX?

·
Read Only
2012 XT Premium Manual
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ALRIGHT!!! New WRX suspension.... well sorry, say that one again!! hahah second hand WRX suspension chucked in!!!

Something strange though, i didn't need any spacers in the rear.. whatever love it!!!

Have a bit of camber in the rear, have some ideas that will fix it, will mean that i will have some BRZ Whiteline items in the foz :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Touring XT CVT
187 Posts
Nice Fozzy9.... would never survive on my local roads though heh. Color me jealous. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts