Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if jump starting the car (after battery died) affects an Ecutek tune? Or if it affects the remote for keyless entry? Does the car still have to "re-learn" after a jump-start if it has an Ecutek tune? This just happened to me, and my car seems to be running the same but now the remote does not work? Any ideas?

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
LexiconXT said:
Does anyone know if jump starting the car (after battery died) affects an Ecutek tune? Or if it affects the remote for keyless entry? Does the car still have to "re-learn" after a jump-start if it has an Ecutek tune? This just happened to me, and my car seems to be running the same but now the remote does not work? Any ideas?
Yes, when reseting the ECU, it will have to relearn. Jump starting means that it will go back to the base map that was programmed into the ECU which in your case is the ECUTEK reflash map so you are fine. The keyless entry shouldn't be affected at all w/ jump starting the car. If the remote isn't working you may just need a new battery or are around some serious interference.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Excuse my post, as I realized that I ended every sentence with a question mark. And I think I remote works fine again, but as with my last Forester (XS), it seems to act strangely sometimes. I guess interference could be why. Sometimes I am able to lock my car from my apartment across the street through the 7th floor window and sometimes it won't even work when I am 10-15ft away....so who knows.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Look up when this happens next time. Good chance you'll see some (for lack of the proper term) "big wires" or transformers. Don't have a solution other than stand near the R.F. fender for better reception.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts