Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
04/5 FXT 6spd
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how I picked up my Foz... Having owned a few boring non XTs and 2 plain XT's after a weekend at the track with Mr. 4or2Wheels I ended up picking up this 04 XT that was hit in the front with the intentions of building what I wanted.

First step was the body shop.. I Opted for the 2008 Sport front end. Dave @ Metric Subaru took care of me on everything.. If you need OEM Subaru stuff.. Dave is the man to go to!

These are from today in the AM...

This one is from tonight :biggrin:

STI BBS's, STI Pink Suspension, Modded STI/WRX Invidia DP, Full Titanium Catback. Stock ECU reflash running 15psi so far and it feels awesome!

I got some more plans for this week.. My goal is 11.5s or better on e85 :evilatyou:

Jr

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
looks good, kinda funny with the sport front end and the old school stlye mirrors. you are JR from The Shop?

red is an awesome color though. you got some catching up to do for most built red forester though :biggrin:

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
Can't wait to see how this turns out. After talking to Jr when I was getting my tune, it sounds like it's going to be insane.

Oh, and hey, don't forget to email me my map y0! :biggrin:

·
Registered
04/5 FXT 6spd
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hooray for saving a smooshed Forester. Very cool getting the new front end.
Yea she was smooshed alright.. She is better then new now though. Im glad I went this route rather then buying a newer one and then modding it.

Very impressive restoration & a great start on your Member Journal! :cool:

Bobby...

Thanks sir !!

looks good, kinda funny with the sport front end and the old school stlye mirrors. you are JR from The Shop?

red is an awesome color though. you got some catching up to do for most built red forester though :biggrin:
Yep [email protected] is me.. JuniorAWD/Junior2jz/JuniorGTR on just about every car forum around.
Im not going to go crazy on the Foz.. Just a mid 11s daily driver and rottie hauler.
When I want a subie to kick someones donkey with a break out the RS
42GTXR/Cosworth Billet long block/PPG 6spd/Everything DSS makes etc :biggrin: oh yea and my new Aerosim's full Carbon Fiber 22b widebody.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. After talking to Jr when I was getting my tune, it sounds like it's going to be insane.

Oh, and hey, don't forget to email me my map y0! :biggrin:
Whats up dude! How is that small rough spot doing?

Jr

·
Registered
04 SOLD!
944 Posts
4EAT right? If you wanna make a center diff "lock" switch for the track let me know. Changes it from 90/10 to 50/50 split. Gonna test it out at E-town tonight. I have the schematics for a torque converter lockup switch too.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
4EAT right? If you wanna make a center diff "lock" switch for the track let me know. Changes it from 90/10 to 50/50 split. Gonna test it out at E-town tonight. I have the schematics for a torque converter lockup switch too.
You've got the proper schematics to lock it right? The solenoids in our trannys need power to lock as apposed to the original Impreza schematic where you have to eliminate power to lock the clutch.

Also i'm interested in the Torque converter lock-up if you wanna PM/E-mail that to me :biggrin:

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts

If he try to catch up with you it will take some time :biggrin:.But Fozzy look very nice man.Good job :icon_wink:

·
Registered
04/5 FXT 6spd
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've got the proper schematics to lock it right? The solenoids in our trannys need power to lock as apposed to the original Impreza schematic where you have to eliminate power to lock the clutch.

Also i'm interested in the Torque converter lock-up if you wanna PM/E-mail that to me :biggrin:
PM sent.

How did you do at the track?

You guys are making me spend money... :biggrin:
Im already getting **** for modding it... Its suppose to be my everyday reliable car :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
Whats up dude! How is that small rough spot doing?

Jr
I'm getting used to driving around it but will worry more about it after I fix that stupid leak that is making my idle dip. Haven't had a lot of time to mess with it lately.

·
Registered
04/5 FXT 6spd
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Freshly detailed, only to have it rain hrs later :shake:
My side vents finally came in, so those will go on this week.
I'm starting to contemplate just putting a 07 STI 6spd in the truck.. All the 4eat threads make me feel like I will break pretty much any auto I put in it.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
Freshly detailed, only to have it rain hrs later :shake:
My side vents finally came in, so those will go on this week.
I'm starting to contemplate just putting a 07 STI 6spd in the truck.. All the 4eat threads make me feel like I will break pretty much any auto I put in it.

You shouldn't have any problems with the trans if you DON'T have level 10 transmissions build it, and you DO put a trans cooler on it, and put the diff lock switch in.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts