Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
842 Posts
So clean...

Dumb ?: What's with the sideways mounted battery?

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD
4,673 Posts
Awsome work so far dude! .... def considering that muffled EWG setup, those videos were all i needed to hear. Wasnt overbearing at all. I wish i could stop doing tunes though. Like seriously lol, i just got my 3rd dynotune yesterday for this year. Stop inspiring me to go farther and farther.

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the comments.

Brian
for the Supertrapp muffler, Tigwerks will modify the uppipe that came with the Kinugawa ELH to add the V-flange and fabricate a dump tube.

Battery is a Odyssey PC680 14 lb here link of the install, mounted sideways to lower center of gravity and use an existing ground without having to alter the wiring harness. Car is at 3,150 lb with 1/4 tank and no driver which reminds me I have to update the weight savings journal.

One day I will get a 3 lb, yes 3 lb Shorai battery.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
842 Posts
I thought the center of gravity might have played a part in your mounting, love the weight loss thread.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Keep a trickle charger on that battery during the winter months if you dont use your car everyday. I had that same battery in my STI and it was great until it got cold out!

·
Registered
2007 FXT vf37 swapped 4EAT w/ VDC
782 Posts
I had the 925 in my 7, it lasted one Chicago winter. If I ever go dry cell in the fozz I'll rig up a dual battery setup which will negate most of the weight savings.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Manual
140 Posts
the old supertrapp/spark arrestors!
makes total sense seeing the video.

used to see them all the time on the stinger exhaust on an Aircooled VW.

nice build btw: subscribed.

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
Please keep up with the results i cant wait to see what you do with this setup. I ordered the td06sl2- 20g- 8cm the other night and should have it with in a week, pretty excited and hope my motor with stands the upcoming abuse its about to see lol. Hope to take this turbo close to 400whp if i can on e85.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
I've always wondered about those turbos. They look high quality from the outside and the ebay stigma...

But as long as they hold up, they look like a great option! Are they journal or ball bearing?

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited 5MT
2,816 Posts
Nevermind, answered above ^.

How much was the equal length header and can you provide a link? Can't seem to find it on eBay...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Keep a trickle charger on that battery during the winter months if you dont use your car everyday. I had that same battery in my STI and it was great until it got cold out!
Love my precise Swiss Euro trickle charger, compatible with AGM batteries, it is often sold as a kit with the Odysseys.

So how does this affect your weight savings journey?
I will drop another 30 lb approx: I will update the weight savings thread with details, but at grosso modo, the removal of the entire air pump system and lighter ELH will more than compensate for the impact on the heavier PW TMIC and 20G Turbo. I also swapped last week stockers for 15.6 lb '04 STi BBS which net me in savings almost 10 lb a corner (40lb total !), so I am getting closer to the 3,000lb curve weight goal regardless of heavier turbo swap.

we will have to run em when you get done.
Yes, it will be insteresting, shame you could not join me two weeks ago at Bowling Green 1/4 mile, lots of fun my first time ever in the 1/4, 10 passes at 13.7s on the TD04 and stock TMIC OTS Map Stage 2, hit me up when your other issues are resolved...1/8 mile Music City or 1/4 mile Bowling your choice.

Nevermind, answered above ^.

How much was the equal length header and can you provide a link? Can't seem to find it on eBay...
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: KINUGAWA Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation Order 683
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 03:50:08 +0800

Hi David,

I will send the tracking number to you when I back to office later.

Bruce
Regards,
Kinugawa Turbo
Kinugawa turbo Online Shopping - Home
FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000858732904
You can follow us on Facebook!!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I found this graph after I purchased the turbo, this is exactly the flat torque curve I wanted all along: [email protected] rpm & [email protected] rpm, Max 350tq @18.5psi 93 pump.

This guy has almost same setup: 07WRX, TD06SL2 8cm2 20G, TGV deletes, GTSpec Headers (UEL/ELH??), STI TMIC, 3" TBE.

I will be very happy to get CONSISTENT 1/4 times under 12.5s and 0-60mph under 4.5s

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
842 Posts
Sorry if I missed it, but out of curiosity why not try an E85 tune as well? ( I'm assuming you probably won't due to your injector size, but my ? is that not withstanding)

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
I would think E85 is going to be pushing the block to it's limits. (We'll find out when nate ruins his lol). You should definitely be around 12.5 or less on regular gas I would think. Ray expects my 18G to put me into the 12's easily. You'd probably be in the 11's with E85 until something breaks that is. lol. I love what's going on here and can't wait to see the outcome.

21 - 40 of 541 Posts