Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I just bought a JDM Grill recently only to find that it doesn't fit my model. I thought I read somewhere that the grill would fit, but apparently I was wrong. I have it for sale locally at the moment, if that doesn't work then I'll put it for sale here.

I decided to sand down and paint the stock grill today. I used a flat black to match the body trim, and it turned out looking good. I also gave the car a quick wash after being filthy from the snow.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So I've pretty busy recently and haven't had much time to mess with the car. I had a bunch of time to spare today before I head out to work.

I decided to remove the crossbars until I actually need them. It was a quick way to change the look of the car, and I like it a lot better without the bars.

Then I installed my new GanzFlow Cold Air Intake from subaruplanet. They were great to deal with, and the intake was very simple to install. I haven't been able to reset the ECU and go out to really test out the intake due to a small snow storm we've been having.

I also went ahead and put in the grounding kit I picked up from Paranoid Fabrications.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
how loud is the Ganzflow? Is it very intrusive in cabin? Thinking about picking one up for my sister's 04' OBS.

And nice choice on that intake over a short ram :)

Haha I'm glad you guys were there to lead me in the right direction. That's what I love about this forum.

The sound is almost nonexistent at lower RPMs. At WOT it opens up and makes the car sound a whole lot meaner. I would definitely recommend picking it up for your sister.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I traded my stock exhaust for a custom MagnaFlow dual tip exhaust this week. Big thanks to Carter from Nasioc for the trade and installation.

I also picked up a Prodrive oil cap and battery tiedown on sale from Cosworth. I replaced my dull headlight bulbs with some new H4 bulbs from Philips.

YouTube - Subaru Forester with MagnaFlow Exhaust

Hopefully I'll be picking up some headers soon to go with the exhaust.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
Here is a shot I took today after giving the car a good wash. It's a shame that it got dirty minutes after taking this due to our sloppy roads.
That does look clean... I washed mine yesterday, just to make sure that it'll rain and snow today. :shake:

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Its lookin real good man.. keep it up!

As for the Magnaflow exhaust... its not that obnoxious during typical day driving is it? I'm thinking of getting a pair for my foz.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Its lookin real good man.. keep it up!

As for the Magnaflow exhaust... its not that obnoxious during typical day driving is it? I'm thinking of getting a pair for my foz.
Thanks a lot. I'm not gonna lie, the MagnaFlow is pretty loud even with normal driving, and it's even louder now that I have headers. I still love the sound of it though.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
141 Posts
Love the car, and the mods. I have looked often for rain guards without success. Glad to have a source for them; thank you! How are the rain guards holding up over time? Just want to make sure the tape is secure in all sorts of weather before I order them. Love the lights, too! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Love the car, and the mods. I have looked often for rain guards without success. Glad to have a source for them; thank you! How are the rain guards holding up over time? Just want to make sure the tape is secure in all sorts of weather before I order them. Love the lights, too! Congratulations!
Thanks for looking through the journal! I've had the rain guards on for about 6 months now and they still look the same as day one. They been through all sorts of weather up here in Alaska and they are still holding strong. They may be a bit pricey, but in my opinion they are well worth the price.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts