Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT Manual
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ahh... my subie in stock form.... haha :)
I call her Sway and here's a bit of the history on her.
Purchased in winter of 1998/1999 by my parents at Subaru in Reno (when i was 5! o_O). Regular services, trips up to Mt. Rose, Heavenly, Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe, Truckee, etc. etc. Moved back down to Vegas for the first time due to my dad finding a better job, stayed in Vegas for a year and a half, dad found an even better job back up in Reno, moved back up to Reno. Thus the ski trips etc. continued on for a few more years, & the suby was still in pretty great shape. Then, after 9/11/01 the hotel my dad was working for (Flamingo Reno) changed owners & name etc. He stayed there for awhile but was eventually forced to find a job that would actually go somewhere. Thus us moving back to Vegas.... again. We lived in apartments for the first year and a half or so, and that is where my subie got most of the dings & Scrapes present today. Now, fast forward to summer 2009, I have my license and need a car to get to school & such. My mom just so happens to find a car that she wants (2006 Audi A4 Cabriolet), we get it and the suby is handed down to me as a late B-Day present at the end of August (My birthday being the 6th). Woo! I finally have a Subaru! haha. Now here is the journey of turning my rents old mountain car/ daily driver into my dream car, a full Forester STi. I'm probably going to try to get the appearance of the car finished before swapping the engine seeing as the engine is in pretty good shape *knocks on wood* and the paint... isn't so much.
And the story begins.....

Mod List -

Exterior:
-Removed Roof Rails
-Debadged side "forester" decals & rear "subaru" emblem
-Windows tinted (13% Front, 5% Back)
-JDM Clear Corners
-JDM Tails
-Xenon headlights

Interior:
-STi floor mats
-Black & Red alcantara shift boot
-LED map lights
-LED dome light
-LED trunk light
-JVC Headunit w/ iPod connect
-Kenwood speakers
-Delrin Shift Knob with JDM "F"

Performance, Handling, & Engine Dress Up:
-Kartboy Short Shifter & bushings
-Blue SPT oil cap & battery tie down.
-Rota SDRs (17x7.5" +48) w/ BFG G Force Sport (225/45/17)
-ISC N1 Coilovers
-GroupN Transmission Mount
-Borla Replica UEL Headers
-STi Axleback & SubaChad custom midpipe

To Come once I have the $$$:
-JDM "F" grille (Got It! Needs paint & install)
-OEM Rear wing (Got it, needs paint & install)
-JDM Body kit (Got it all finally! Paint & install as well)
-Body work and paint job (Staying Arcadia Green)

Stock subie below VVV

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,691 Posts
Very nice! I've always like the styling of the earlier Forester. Great start to your Members Journal. :cool:

Bobby...

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,691 Posts
Thanks!
Yeah i've always liked the earlier forester as well.
It'll be a long process, but i have a lot in store for this car :)
Yes, I can relate! After I finished the '03, I passed it on to my son. I started looking for an '04XT, since I wanted an XT & I like the earlier styling. I ended up with an '07 FSXT. I learned a lot working on the '03 & many of those MODs are being repeated on the '07. The MOD box is still pretty full, so I've got a long ways to go before my new Forester feels like it's mine. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT Manual
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I can relate! After I finished the '03, I passed it on to my son. I started looking for an '04XT, since I wanted an XT & I like the earlier styling. I ended up with an '07 FSXT. I learned a lot working on the '03 & many of those MODs are being repeated on the '07. The MOD box is still pretty full, so I've got a long ways to go before my new Forester feels like it's mine. :wink:

Bobby...
That's great that you've been into subarus for awhile. Your FSXT looks great! Hopefully someday ill be able to get mine to look new again :cool:

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT Manual
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New pics! Took them this morning out by the desert behind my house.
Removed crossbars and tinted the windows (5% back 13% front)

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 Forester L 5MT
400 Posts
Nice Foz. Cops in NYS wouldn't stand for those tints over here. I'd be surprised If I'd last a week without getting a ticket. Wish it wasn't a problem, yours looks great.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT Manual
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice Foz. Cops in NYS wouldn't stand for those tints over here. I'd be surprised If I'd last a week without getting a ticket. Wish it wasn't a problem, yours looks great.
Haha yeah, technically my tints not legal here but the cops here don't normally bother with it. And plus, they cant pull me over for it :banana:

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT Manual
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT Manual
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 106 Posts