Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I figured it's about time to start my own Journal now that I have some add-ons worthy of taking pictures and I know everyone loves pictures.

Mods --

Interior --
1) New radio
2) JDM bezel to get rid of the gap
3) upgraded speakers
4) under seat subwoofer
5) blue accent lights

Exterior --
1) chrome exhaust tips
2) mud flaps
3) front underspoiler
4) rear spoiler
5) Subaru window visors
6) puddle lights (even though they died on me they're still there)
7) swifts springs
8) STi 19mm RSB
9) Sports Grille
10) hood protector
11) tint -- 5% on the back and sunroof and 30% on the fronts
12) Diode Dynamics 9-LED parking lights
13) H9 lowbeam upgrade

This is where it started

then got my snowboards in there for a test fit

It's like it was meant to be

then the puddle lights went on (even though they stopped working and its too cold for me to try to figure out why)

New radio upgrade (Alpine IVA-W205, with NAV) and the blue accent lights

Here's a lit up shot with the floor lights and you can see the gap left by the new radio, I'll be ordering the Japanese bezel very soon

and finally the newly installed front underspoiler

Rear spoiler and chrome exhaust tips

First grille upgrade --- painted grille thanks to mattesonb

up close of painted grille

I liked the black stock grille but always wanted the sports grille, thanks to hot09xt, I got my hands on one

Diode dynamics LED parking lights and H9 headlight upgrade
stock VS LEDs

with the H9 bulbs on -- a LOT brighter than the stock bulbs

shots showing the swifts, mud flaps, and the window visors, she's freshly washed, clay barred and waxed here too

The last 2 parts on my list
1) somehow getting the rest of the aero-kit
2) want to paint exhaust black when it gets warmer out

edit: updated some things

Attachments

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
hot daymmnn!!! nice foz! go SH! :D

that puddle light shot is friggin awesome! keep them mods coming bud! 'would be nicer if u include some tidbits of info on how to install things faster and pain-free! noob-friendly yknow! :p

btw i thot limited comes with foglights and leather? hmmm maybe not yet on '09s?

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow I never realized my sig was wrong, it's an '09 premium not limited, I'll change that.

The puddle lights have a thread on how to install them and I've made a couple posts in there with some tips, I used the $40 puddle light thread.

the headunit was just a standard headunit install, nothing special but still need to hook up the sat radio and backup camera.

The front underspoiler was about the easiest body kit piece I've ever put on a car, just follow the directions.
The rear spoiler was a little more difficult to install, they give you a template but I swear the left side holes were nowhere near the spots they were supposed to be. Luckily I drilled the right side then set the spoiler in place and checked the hole locations before drilling them. If you're not confident with installing things I would say the rear spoiler is not a DIY piece.
Then there's the chrome exhaust tips, these are held on by one screw so I think my son could install them with no problem.

More pics over on my flickr page new car - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Very nice.....looking great so far. I think the hood protector would look great on your foz because of the color. It should blend in nicely.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
see??? that wasn't too hard! every little info helps! :)
now do more! lol! :D

oh ur puddle light kit isn't OEM? is that why it looks so damn good? :/

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the comments so far and yeah I'm leaning more and more towards getting the hood protector.

mun, anything specific you need help with you can always PM me but there's a ton of useful threads on here for all the stuff I've done, that's where I got my info at least. The puddle lights are not OEM but I will say the picture makes them look a lot better than they really are, that's a long exposure with a wide open F1.4 lens so they're not quite that bright.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
thanks for the comments so far and yeah I'm leaning more and more towards getting the hood protector.

mun, anything specific you need help with you can always PM me but there's a ton of useful threads on here for all the stuff I've done, that's where I got my info at least. The puddle lights are not OEM but I will say the picture makes them look a lot better than they really are, that's a long exposure with a wide open F1.4 lens so they're not quite that bright.
ahh... camera trick! darnit! lol! .. and yes, u know i'll pm! i got tonsa oem stuffs already. just waiting for the summer to get them installed! well, at least, try to! :p

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the puddle lights were definitely a nice easy add on and they do add a cool unique look. Mine stopped working though and I don't know if it's the wiring or the lights themselves. once it warms up I'll get a look at them but don't feel like it or have the time right now. Its not a fuze because I found out the hard way during the install that the fuze is shared with the radio and map lights.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
nice hoodie! it blends in so well with ur grey foz. very nice!

black out the lights, paint the grille black or put on the sports grille and i think it would even look better!

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The hood protector definitely blends really well, its a little lower profile than I expected which is really nice.

I'm definitely painting the grille black, think I like it more than the sports grille but I've never baked headlights before so I'm not about to separate them and paint them. Also going to paint the exhaust black like a couple others on here.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
NICE foz... its comin along great! Chalk up another win for the SH's... Keep the mods flowin!

If you figure out whats wrong with your puddle lights, let me know! I'm having the same problem with my red ones....

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah I don't know what the deal is with them, every so often I look and one of them is really dimly lit so it just might be bad LEDs themselves. Pretty soon I'll rip em off and look at them. I might just remove them altogether though if they become a pain.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
Yeah, Mine were working fine up till a few months ago.... I think the wire they are connected to is bad... I tested the actual plug on the car that i spliced in to, and it wasnt working... Maybe its a fuse issue.... Who knows...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts