Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I own a '05 L model, manual transmission. Bought used a few weeks ago; love it!
Has anyone done the JET CHIPS IMPORT ECU UPGRADE ?
Or anything similar and would you do it again? Why??
Thanks,
Grizz

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
First, welcome to the forum....

Second, I'm not familiar with this particular "upgrade," but most are snake oil. Anyone that is promising 20% better mileage and 20% more power on your NA motor with a chip/reflash/module is flat out lying to you.

Post a link and we will take a look...

·
Registered
2004 Forester
18 Posts
Ya, i have to agree with thefoos. Maybe a little remapping here and there but unless you are adding/upgrading hardware i dont think a simple overlay chip or some such will add many horses or increase mileage. plus you should be getting around 30 highway with a stick anyhow right? It aint a prius, thats about as good as these cars get.

·
Registered
2002 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch guys.
So far, I've only done a couple of things to it because it was in descent shape when I picked it up with 156 KMs or 97 K miles:
1) Tinted windows 35% front 15% rear; it felt like an aquarium, now, looks better, less heat and glare from sun.
2) Got a remote lock/unlock system. You get spoiled by those and very practical when arms full of goodies or trying to get unlocked for everyone in bad weather.
3) Removed cross bars on the roof rack laterals. Car did not come with the key to unlock, so, I just used security allen key and removed.

The Avalanche has been parked for the last 3 weeks while I get to apreciate this little guy more.

This is a nice site
Thanks,
Grizz

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls! :bacon:
I have yet to see a documented case of a Jet Chip working on a Subaru. They used to be common place in the truck market since they were basically just a piggy-back tune that worked on top of your existing tune. A similar setup to how a quick-flash works on a Cobb AccessPort.

You can't be a custom tune though, it'll be tough to find an "Off the shelf" tune that will work well on every car.

Also, where are you that you've got a MY05 "L model". I assume you've got an X or XT limited, since I'm guessing you're in Ontario, Canada...

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Those things are $399!!!:huh: Let's be honest with ourselves here.....is it really worth it knowing you MIGHT gain 5whp (doubt it) and gain 1-2mpg HWY (doubt it)? If I had a N/A Foz this definitely wouldn't be one of the first twenty mods I would do.

·
Registered
2002 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooops!! Its an '02, not '05 I sorta blew that.
I am in Vankleek Hill, ON. Situated 1 hour from Montreal, 1 hour from Ottawa and 1 hour from Cornwall/Massena, NY border.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts