Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Thought I should start this page now since we have a lot of plans under way for the foz. =)

2001 Forester L. Blue ridge pearl with 64,000 miles.
Bought the car November 29th for $5500. Not a darn thing wrong with it except a small crack in the windsheild. Got receipts at time of purchase for new brakes, tires, and clutch. Seller was going through some terrible circumstances with his wife and a miscarriage and this was supposed to be their new family car. They just wanted to get rid of it and fund their cruise to the Bahamas to reconnect after all the turmoil they had been through.

First week I found a few goodies on CL. Got the rear cargo cover, cargo mat and dog barrier for $25! Cheap! Quickly found out the dog barrier was for sunroof so didn't work, but still got a great deal!

Second week I sourced out an UEL Borla header for $90

Here are a few crappy pictures in the dark when I got the car.
By jrobyn, shot with iPhone 3G at 2009-11-29[/IMG]

By jrobyn, shot with iPhone 3G at 2009-11-29

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This last weekend was a big makeover day for the foz! Found stock STi exhaust and midpipe for next to nothing and also grabbed a few sets of WRX wagon springs/struts to lower the foz. Took the racks off and the fog protectors.
So this week the soob got the headers/midpipe/muffler put on. Lowered on WRX springs/struts (has some butt sag but will address it at another time). When the wheels were off I sanded them down and repainted them metallic gunmetal. I also removed the grill and taped off the inner pieced and painted over the bright chrome to the metallic gunmetal as well.

It sounds great! It looks nice! It handles very comfortably, only difference is it's 2" lower. =) I'm a happy girl!

Next to do.... sway bars, WRX steering wheel, shift knob.
In the later future... Save up for the swap! Going to put the 2l WRX setup in! My dad has agreed to do the swap for free if he can have to low mile engine out of the foz for his obs.

Pics of the new imporved yet dirty foz!

By jrobyn, shot with iPhone 3G at 2010-01-18

By jrobyn, shot with iPhone 3G at 2010-01-18

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! I really like that color.
that is my fav subi blue
Thanks! Blue ridge Pearl is very pretty when clean! When I went out to get one it was only this or black that I would settle with. And under NO circumstances would I buy a green one. Not sure why, just not a fan of the green foresters =)

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,835 Posts
Very nice! I'm another fan of the earlier blue color Forester! :cool:

Great start to your Member Journal. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a great deal. Hopefully I'll get lucky and find a deal.
I think I got it so cheap because it was his brothers RS and the car was already sold. He traded it in for an altima.... :shake: So his parts were at his brothers to sell off and his brother was tired of seeing all the parts. I don't he really knew it's worth, but I wasn't gonna tell him!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Did you happen to be out by the Target/Home Depot in Auburn on Friday? I saw a SF very similar while going out to my parents to get the kids.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you happen to be out by the Target/Home Depot in Auburn on Friday? I saw a SF very similar while going out to my parents to get the kids.
Ya! I went to Target on Friday with my lil girl. You saw it pre-drop/exhaust then =)

·
Registered
2000 GTR & SF
301 Posts
since you have less than 100,000 on the OD take it in to Subaru and get the head gaskets replaced for free... it is a known issue of failure.

great looking car.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so this week....
I've got my amber Hella Optilux fog bulbs today... Yippeeeeee. Gonna put them on tomorrow (prob tonight, I'm impatient), my stock brand new keyless entry system in shipped today (who doesnt get that option when you buy a new car?!).

Also, have any of you SF guys baked your headlights and corners? Being plastic I know I have to be vewwwy vewwy careful about warpage, but I'd like to try to take the amber plastic out on the turns... and black out the small bits of chrome at the edges inside the headlights... thoughts?

-Jess

·
Registered
2002 GT
155 Posts
I've baked the main headlight, but the corners are a different glue so I havent done them. You can buy JDM or Australian corners which are clear with an orange globe only.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.