Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
WTH?! Still, well worth the wait.
Definitely will be worth it.. just bummed haha. It’s certainly not their fault.
I can ship out my stock springs to weld to your stock springs to make a lift spring! I’m kidding. Car is looking good! Still super jelly of the color. I’ve never once found a car in the color I want lol.
LOL! That would be pretty funny though.

I was open to any color really, except gold or two tone. Lucked out on getting white though, I love Aspen. My last 5 cars have been black 😂

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Last weekend was pretty productive, even with a small cold front. The diff, trans and brake fluids were flushed, although probably not totally needed since they were all fairly clean. But, I didn't know when they were last done so it's for my own peace of mind.

Got the radio/shift trims painted satin black and they came out better than I thought! I also sanded down the hazard button to the original red. It's not as nice as the OE JDM one, but it'll get me by until the real deal arrives from Japan. No installed photos yet because I was letting the paint cure and then I just wasn't motivated to get it in the car :ROFLMAO:

A couple weeks ago I picked up two underseat subs from various Subaru models in the yard. I accidentally only grabbed one harness, but I got one installed under the driver seat.

I'm still waiting on the King springs (no update from Primitive for almost 2 weeks)... but I believe the aftermarket grille should be arriving soon. Once it does, we can get to painting the spoiler, hood and grille. And the single silver roof rail cap 😂

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Limited, 2007 Impreza Outback Sport SE 5MT
151 Posts
Nice, I want to see some pics of the trim in the car. I’ve wanted to do a glossy piano black look for my console for a while but can’t seem to get the right finish whenever I’ve tried, is that just a rattle can job?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Yeah I’ll get one as soon as I can. It’s just a spray can that was warmed up under hot water before use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Springs should arrive Saturday! 🤘🏼 Probably won’t get around to installing everything for a few weeks though. 😭 too many plans the next couple weekends.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
946 Posts
Dash parts look great! I tried vinyl wrap but the AC controls were too hard to do without crinkles around the dials, I plan to paint them in the spring. I picked up a JDM hazard button but for some reason it was to tight a fit, I ended up sanding the silver off the original and left the center silver with the rest red, nice cheap mod and looks good, polished it with plastic polish too. How does the rado sound, stock speakers?
Took a nice long ride today to clear my head and hit a few nice offramps at speed, those springs kick a**! I hope you like them. I'm debating a set of performance summer tires, maybe 18's, to have some summer fun. Straight roads are for drag cars, lol!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thanks!

I'm curious to see how my JDM hazard will fit now.. whenever it gets here. I went too far with the sanding of the OEM one (I meant to leave the triangle part alone), but it did get a little polished to brighten it up. My only complaint with it is I don't like how the whole button is illuminated with that lights on. I also don't want to fully put it back together until the JDM button comes in haha. With my luck, I'll damage the paint on the trim taking it apart. :rolleyes:

The stock speakers still sound great with the updated HU! If I was really ambitious, I'd dynamat/raamat (whichever) the whole car.. but eh.

I'm super excited to feel the new suspension! I have no confidence with the car in corners right now haha. Between the old tires, strut/springs and probably overdue alignment.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
946 Posts
Good call, those dash parts are fragile too! I may need to add a better rear anti-sway bar and shock tower braces, I would rather a stiffer shell and remove all the slop, it is significally planted with the fat 15" tires. Cant wait to see you have it back together! Kenwood KFC speakers are pretty cheap and add really good sound range for the price. Dynamat will also help alot! The anticipation must be driving you crazy!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I hadn’t even thought about sway bars and chassis bracing for this car haha. Maybe I’ll look into it later. Same with those speakers; thanks for the recommendation!

I’ve been chomping at the bit since mid November for all this stuff 😂😂

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
139 Posts
That console is going to look awesome. Finish looks flawless. I'm a big fan of interior aesthetics in a vehicle these days. I figure it may as well be exactly what you want it to be if you are going to be in it every day driving.

I really recommend a rear strut tower brace. It made a noticeable difference when I installed mine. The Whiteline rear strut bar for the 02-07 WRX (KSB511) is adjustable and can fit the Forester. Mine came with the quick release kit, which makes taking it out to fit large items in the rear a breeze when needed. They pop up every so often on Denver FB Marketplace.

Looking forward to seeing what's to come.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Limited, 2007 Impreza Outback Sport SE 5MT
151 Posts
That turned out really nice, I like how the color almost shifts a little with the light, I might have to give my interior another go with the black paint

81 - 93 of 93 Posts